Table Saws?

I'm looking to pick-up a table-saw for my 'workshop' garage. Nothing too flash as my budget is about £250-300. but looking to pay less if possible.
Whilst I'm searching ebay etc for used ,machines, can any of you woodworker chaps recommend any models to use (or avoid)?

The Evolution Rage 5 looks interesting as does the  Clarke CCS12..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    Have a look at the Axminster saws I've had a TS-200 for about 7 years now never missed a beat, its used more or less every day for cutting fret slots and making kerf linings. It also comes with a tree year guarantee.

or this 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• Table saws have to be accurate or they are worthless.  Depends entirely what you are going to use it for.  If it is for anything needing a good straight quality cut, you need to spend some cash.  For £500 you should be able to find something really good on ebay, old cast jobbies are best.  If you have the room.  If you take your time sifting thru them and waiting for something "right" to come up.
    I built my workshop using a £150 tabletop thing.  Didnt need to be hugely accurate.
    Axminster do indeed have some good stuff avail.  I would be tempted to take the already given advice, seeing as it concerns a members actual first hand experience.
    Good luck, keep us posted.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    Have a look at the Axminster saws I've had a TS-200 for about 7 years now never missed a beat, its used more or less every day for cutting fret slots and making kerf linings. It also comes with a tree year guarantee.

+1 on this.

Had mine for several years now. Used regularly for cabinets. Other than a new blade, it's been faultless. I've got the sliding table, side extensions and stand kit, which makes it great for bigger stuff.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Thanks for the advice @GSPBASSES and all.

I like that Axminster do a package on those 200 series saws. so I think that's the route I'll go.  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"