NPD - Wampler Velvet

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm using mine as a sort of OD/Distortion into a semi-dirty amp for rock covers and I really love it. My settings don't really get the Fuzz element working to the max, but its a different vibe to a normal OD pedal on my settings and that's cool. I've yet to play it with the band at full volumes but am looking forward to that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm using mine as a sort of OD/Distortion into a semi-dirty amp for rock covers and I really love it. My settings don't really get the Fuzz element working to the max, but its a different vibe to a normal OD pedal on my settings and that's cool. I've yet to play it with the band at full volumes but am looking forward to that
    You use it the same way I would then really. I'd be interested to hear what you think when you play with the band. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Here are a couple of rough rehearsal clips of me using it. (In use me it's the heavier sounds only)

It's solved the problem for me where I want to go from a bright clean to a fuzz sound, but where the fuzz would want to be going into a slightly driven amp so as not to sound too shril.
  • That's funky @monquixote love it.
    monquixote;412167" said:
    Here are a couple of rough rehearsal clips of me using it. (In use me it's the heavier sounds only)

It's solved the problem for me where I want to go from a bright clean to a fuzz sound, but where the fuzz would want to be going into a slightly driven amp so as not to sound too shril.
  • Similar to the other guys really, rocky stuff the majority of the time.

I'm using it on the clean channel of my amp and find that it offers more than enough to be a convincing lead sound.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5163
    edited November 2014
    Didn't like mine. Bit to dark and at home I thought the fuzz on my line 6 m13 at the time sounded better
  • Wow, that Harry Maes Demo, sounds wonderful. I have a Suhr Rufus and now I can't decide which one I like best. Surely owning both would be outrageously hedonistic in these days of Austerity ;-)

I'd only heard Brett's demo until now and I think he's a great player but it didn't sell it to me, but now....?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    tFB Trader
    I dunno I'm seriously considering a Rufus at some point so I don't think it can be that wrong :)
  • I have both. It is so correct.
  • I dunno I'm seriously considering a Rufus at some point so I don't think it can be that wrong :)
    It's not wrong, I think I'm just trying to justify being a tight git!

Seriously though, that Harry Maes demo is a "Wallet Opener"

The Rufus is very good, I've found it can get close to the 70's Steely Dan "Royal Scam" and other great tones, Isley Brothers, it's great for covers, very versatile. I just wish I could crank the barsteward amp up and really enjoy it.

Two Fuzz Pedals, the very idea of it! ;-)
    tFB Trader
    I heard a guy stacked a Rufus and a Velvet and a crack opened up though which the cries of the damned could be heard. 

Just sayin... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What Harry Maes demo is that?
    Bellycaster;412955" said:
    monquixote said:

I dunno I'm seriously considering a Rufus at some point so I don't think it can be that wrong :)

It's not wrong, I think I'm just trying to justify being a tight git!

Seriously though, that Harry Maes demo is a "Wallet Opener"

The Rufus is very good, I've found it can get close to the 70's Steely Dan "Royal Scam" and other great tones, Isley Brothers, it's great for covers, very versatile. I just wish I could crank the barsteward amp up and really enjoy it.

Two Fuzz Pedals, the very idea of it! ;-)
  • I heard a guy stacked a Rufus and a Velvet and a crack opened up though which the cries of the damned could be heard. 

Just sayin... 
    That would be an interesting experiment indeed.

Come "New Year" it's likely I will have both, although I will try to employ every single strategy of denial in the meantime to the point where I claim I've never even heard of Wampler.
  • @hotpickups

Page 1 of this thread.

It's really jolly good!
  • You mean the Australian guy?
    Bellycaster;412984" said:
    @hotpickups

Page 1 of this thread.

It's really jolly good!
  • You mean the Australian guy?
    Bellycaster;412984" said:
    @hotpickups

Page 1 of this thread.

It's really jolly good!
    No, I mean the Dutch Guy.

Him 'ere

8-X
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I sometimes run mine into a Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan rams head, pretty raucous fun. My lad's lipstick-pickup'd Strat has tons of bite & treble with the Velvet - with most of my guitars I do struggle with the darkness and cutting through, resorting to running it into a Timmy for more cut.
  • Well I must say after checking out the Rufus I think it's a great versatile pedal. Especially the mode that it remembers your last setting etc. Check a video out to see what I mean :)
  • Nice clips @monquixote

I nearly missed those. Are you using the CAE MC404 Wah with the Velvet Fuzz on "Use Me"? They sound good together if so.

I've been a little disappointed with how my CAE Wah sounds with the Rufus Fuzz, it might be inexperience on my part though from not using Fuzz pedals that often.
    tFB Trader
    Cheers @bellycaster

Yeah I'm using the CAE. Some of the drive sounds in use me (the lighter ones towards the start) are the MXR Badass OD. 

Try using the wah before and after the fuzz. I find the red side works a bit better.