Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    TTony;23" said:
    Q1:  Where did you username come from?Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? [edit]

ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks

Everyone's #1 tracks. And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!
    1: My name's David and my first electric guitar was a strat.

2: Belfast

3: To be less rubbish at the guitar! Honestly though, at the moment it's to improve my acoustic playing.

4: Tie between my AV hot rod 52 tele (got very lucky and got an incredibly light and resonant one with a one piece body), and my 1975 Orange Reverb Twin combo.

5: Difficult one. Much as I love guitar, it's probably got to be G F Handel's Water Music Suite II
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited June 2015
    My name is Daniel, my favourite song is Mr little jeans cover of arcade fires 'the suburbs'. My ambition is to write a song that is half as dope.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508

I've been here for a couple of months but I'll do this because I'm at work and I'm bored off my tits.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Name of an album by Eyehategod who are one of my favourite bands. They sound as lovely as their name suggests.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? North Hertfordshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? As part of a band - to write, record and get an album released on a decent record label. Also, to get a decent spot at a festival. Yes, I am a beer-glass-half-full kinda guy.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I have to say that all my gear is dispensable, but the most precious bit of kit I have is my Orange OR100. An absolute colossus.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Impossible to say. Although I guess one that has been frequently spun over the years (a lot) has been 'Junkhead' by Alice In Chains. Yep, that ought to do it.

• strtdv said:

5: Difficult one. Much as I love guitar, it's probably got to be G F Handel's Water Music Suite II
    Get the score and learn the first violin part. Then the other parts. I did that with the Music for the Royal Fireworks.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Hi.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Afternoon, thought id better post in here, as ive been lurking for a couple of weeks now. My real name is Nick (its possible you could work that out from my username. Not very imaginative I know).

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

A nickname I had at school, through my teens, twenties, thirties ...you get the idea.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Essex.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To play at least one song to an audience.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Just the one at the moment. An old Fender acoustic. This will soon be joined by an Epiphone LP in a couple of weeks.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Tricky to just pick one, but ill go with Guns n Roses - Rocket Queen

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

íss ok dómr

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Hi everyone, first post in an intro thread, even I'm impressing myself.

Someone once took the piss and called me a Spandex Rockstar. Not so much a rockstar these days, now I only wear Spandex whilst using internet forums like this one.

UK

To stop forgetting songs I've just worked out.

Apart from my soft sheen elasticy trousers, it's my HM Strat, bought and abused from new.

Ramble On, though it's getting to be more of an affliction as I get older.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have been on here at least a year and have never done this! 

My name is Simon Rose so from my surname? The 789 is just a series of numbers that are easy to remember. 

Gatesheeeeeead

I used to be quite musically ambitious but now i predominantly play for fun. I do like meeting like minded musicians and jamming with them though. 

It's definitely not my most expensive or rare bit of gear but my modded TS808 is getting all of the use at the moment - can't get enough of it. 

Difficult! I would probably say 'threads' by this will destroy you. I could always listen to that song whatever mood i'm in. 

• doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206

My name is Doug, my daft mate calls me Doogz

Glasgow-ish

To have fun.

Fender Concord. I own 2, one my brother brought back from Iraq in '92 in 2 pieces, it was his mate's, his mate never came back. I bought another one recently, had a fretjob done on it, set up nice and low with some 9's and I only ever play the blues on it.

Led Zep - Since I've Been Loving You, specifically the live recording on the How The West Was Won record.

• SiejenSiejen Frets: 33

Hello, my names Iain, and after a lonnnnng period in electronica land, I've picked up my guitar again. It's quite fun, actually :)

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Stupid Iain Entertains JENny (Jenny is the boss)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Coventry

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To integrate the Guitar into music like Squarepusher has done the Bass. Stage forward without being w*nky. And sustain like Santana. And jump / confuse like AFX. And....

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Guitar related, the classic PRS cu24 I just bought. Otherwise, Cubase.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Aphex Twin, Girl / Boy. For the sunrise :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    1. It's my name...
    2. SW London
    3. To gig a bit more regularly, to sell a few songs. And Eurovision, obviously.
    4. Gibson custom shop 335 with P90s. Tobacco flame. Mmmmm.
    5. Misty Mountain Hop, Led Zeppelin.
  • Hi, 

So my real name is Andy, I'm 30 something and currently living in London. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Not totally sure, it kind of just popped in there and I ran with it.

London now, but grew up in a little town in Devon.

I would love to put together a little album of tracks written by me with a few of my other musical buddies (up for it @DrBob?)

C'mon? Honestly, just one? Um, right now probably my Ibanez JS1200 (But I do have a PRS Custom 24 Floyd and Daemoness on the way so watch this space)

This is a seriously tough question, not sure I could pick just one album let alone one track, but if pushed I'd probably say Breaking all illusions by Dream Theater. 

All the right notes, not always in the right order!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • micromegasmicromegas Frets: 1
    edited November 2015
    Hi everyone.

My name is Adan. I am a 25 y/o engineer and guitarist originally from Spain, but based in London at this moment (I am enrolled in a MSc in Sound and Music Computing here).

I am new here, but have been participating for a while in madbean pedals forum with the same nickname "micromegas".

I build pedals for fun and love everything guitar-related.

Voltaire's tale.

London, UK

Hmmm... difficult one. Play guitar in an amazing funk/fusion bigband :P

Nah, I would love to work in the music industry helping producers and musicians in any way I could. Do something with my skills to change the situation a little bit and help to revitalize and return to this industry the relevance and glory it once had (it still has, somewhere, but it needs some improvements from my opinion).

My Mesa Boogie Mark III from the 80s. Now that I don't have gear here in London, my macbook pro.

Grateful Dead's Friend of the Devil, and many others.

• Hi All - My name's Chris and I've been addicted to the guitar for pretty much as long as i can remember,
    Q1 - Big fan of Tool - use it as an ID on basschat.com and can't be bothered to think of anything new.
    Q2 - Oxfordshire UK
    Q3 - gig at least once a week and learn how to play blues properly
    Q4 - My 1980 Yamaha SG1000
    Q5 - That's not really a fair question is it?!!! at the moment i'd say Outshined by Soundgarden
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    you gotta be kidding giving that kind of info out nowadays!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    2. Essex boi born and raised.
    3. I would quite like to play in an originals band at least once.
    4. Probably my USA PRS SC245 10top model with Suhr Alrdrich pickups as it sounds perfect through the z wreck.
    5. probably My chemical romances cover of desolation row either that or what a waster by the libertines.
  • My name is Paul and I was an occasional poster on the Music Radar forum. Didn't pick up on the move here for a long time because this site was blocked from work. Have been monitoring but not contributing for a few weeks.

Got a different user name as the one I was using on MR is very close to a user name that someone else has already registered

My cat who is likely to contribute to any posts I make at home by walking across the keyboard

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Living in NW London but working in Herts

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play passable bottleneck blues

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Epiphone 339 at the moment but have GAS

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Just the one? Buddy Guy & Junior Wells version of Stormy Monday

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I never did this...

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's based on my surname and a nickname that certain friends call me.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I live in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To get over my stage fright and play in front of an audience, preferably without fucking anything up.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - Hmmm, probably my.. Nope, wait, it's my... Dunno really. Probably my Epi 339.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Can't do it. Sorry.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

Leeroy used to say "Easy, Frankus".

Chelmsford and London

Crush my ex-bandmates, see them supporting my new band and hear the lamentation of their groupies during the intermission.

1974 Fender Twin.

Uberjam by John Scofield

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?