Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I own a Feline!!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
edited February 2015 in Guitar

I didn't think I'd ever be saying this, but I am the proud owner of Feline 20th Anniversary guitar no 4! An unexpected request for a ton of freelance work this year bumped the GAS fund up to a point where I could actually afford a secondhand one. They rarely come up of course, I have a permanent eBay search to flag up Feline guitars and it has thus far only found one once, when I was skint of course.

Anyway, I remembered that one was mentioned in a thread back in April, in a fairly obscure shop. Fortunately for me, it was still there! I drove 85 miles to check it out, and didn't even plug it in! I opened the case and looked at it for a while, took it out and strummed a couple of chords and said I'd take it!

I had a couple of personal concerns, the main one being could I get on with a guitar without a trem! Needn't have worried there, the guitar feels so amazing that I really haven't been bothered at all. An adjustment to playing style, yes, and also a bit of getting used to 2 volumes and tones (Never played LPs before). 

I can't believe how happy I am with this guitar! I would seriously recommend anyone wanting a great instrument to go and check out the remaining 20th Anniversary guitars, they really are superb!

Anyway, here's a few of my own pix:

0reaction image LOL 29reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    That is a thing of purtyness!
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337

6reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    edited September 2014
    OMG - every picture looks amazing!

edit - even the last one!
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to the Feline club. I'll never buy another LP unless it says Feline on the headstock.

This is mine, not as blingy as the 20th anniversary and maple rather than mahogany neck but I likes it:

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited September 2014
    Oh what a horrific looking guitar, The finish and workmanship looks like an old Argos Encore strat,  and that Foto flame finish, oh dear...I am sooo glad I am not green with envy  that you bought such a beautif...erm I mean horrific guitar! ;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15487
    schweeeet. When my fully laden security van comes in a feline is on my list.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I dirtied myself looking at your new guitar....
  • :-S jealous much? Wow.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Fantastic looking guitar!!! Don't they come with a longer strap though?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful bit of craftsmanship, gorgeous colour too.

=P~
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Good score, loving that neck to body joint!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • That's a cracker. I love the look of the back with the neck joint etc.
  • Bloody hell, that's a wee bit sexy.

That was my favourite of the whole lot of the anniversary ones! Sheesh. Great gas.

That's your first les paul? Most of us have to trundle through a whole bunch of shitty gibsons first!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    woah

• Congrats! Looks great
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Very nice sir!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Oh mate I'm so pleased for you !

You know it's funny but when Jonathan mentioned that one of the 20th's had a deposit put down on it and another one had 'changed hands' I did wonder if one of them was you
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6134
    tFB Trader
    Awesome all round!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Congrats, big guy!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    You tease...I still can't afford one until I sell my guitar. Off topic, but didn't you used to be called 'Golchen' on Basschat?
    You recognised my pic??? Yeah, I was Golchen some years ago. I got fed up with some of the ass****s over there, a right judgemental bunch. They seem pretty narrow minded as well musically, thou shalt not solo on a bass, widdle high up the fretboard, do anything that strays from the established role of a bass player etc. I took about 18 months off, and now I drop in occasionally with a new identity and keep a low profile.