First pedal build for forum member... Redacted.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I was toying with selling this one that I've already built, but not so sure now ... lol

That looks amazing. What size enclosure is that?! So small yet still top mounted jacks. What a winner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I make them myself. Father in law has a metalworking business, so I get access to all the lovely machinery. I always try to use top mounted jacks whenever possible, just makes more sense to me I regards to what you can fit on your pedal board. :-)
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    And off the top of my head it's around 40-45mm wide

Honestly, if I was you I'd stop making clones.... Some of your designs are the best Ive ever seen. Develop a range, make your pricing clear, sell em !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    I was toying with selling this one that I've already built, but not so sure now ... lol

I know a guy on another forum (who's not even a pedal builder, just a forumite) built an OCD clone for himself, then got sick of it and decided to sell it on ebay, and got a rude message from mike fuller.
  • I have one of @4114Effects Mystical Overdrives and it's bloody brilliant! Top notch!
  • Dave_Mc said:
    I was toying with selling this one that I've already built, but not so sure now ... lol

I know a guy on another forum (who's not even a pedal builder, just a forumite) built an OCD clone for himself, then got sick of it and decided to sell it on ebay, and got a rude message from mike fuller.
    Many of the so called boutique pedal makers have cloned or made 'exact' copies of previous pedals, not to mention amps being cloned. Often the 'boutique' companies who have cloned are the worst for complaining their pedals are being cloned   #-o

Great looking pedal 
    =D>
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • A clone is one thing but deliberately ripping off the graphics is another.
    If you do it and don't advertise it, fair enough but coming on a forum and showing off is asking for trouble.
    If it's in a plain box, noone will know what's inside and all we'd be talking about is the tone.
    If Cornish or Fuller get wind of this you can expect a nasty solicitors letter...especially Fuller, he's very protective of his work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wolf5150 said:
    A clone is one thing but deliberately ripping off the graphics is another.
    If you do it and don't advertise it, fair enough but coming on a forum and showing off is asking for trouble.
    If it's in a plain box, noone will know what's inside and all we'd be talking about is the tone.
    If Cornish or Fuller get wind of this you can expect a nasty solicitors letter...especially Fuller, he's very protective of his work.
    I agree it is very near the bone, hinting to what it is is the best route for the OP. 
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    karltone said:
    Many of the so called boutique pedal makers have cloned or made 'exact' copies of previous pedals, not to mention amps being cloned. Often the 'boutique' companies who have cloned are the worst for complaining their pedals are being cloned   #-o
    Agreed.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    The problem with 'original' (nothing is original...) designs is that because no one has ever heard of them, and without an established name behind them they're very tough to sell. Where as a Klone, for example, piece of piss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom