Tuner pedal for acoustic?

GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
Can anyone recommend a tuner pedal that works well with electo acoustic guitars? This will be for live use so will obviously sit between guitar and DI box. I've currently got one of those clip on jobs but it just isn't cutting it. It either picks up the frequencies of the other guys in the room or doesn't display anything at all. Anyone tried a few tuner pedals with acoustics?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use a Boss TU-3 for acoustic or electric and you'll hear no complaints from me.
  • The Peterson Strobostomp has a built in DI box output. Might save you the hassle of setting up an extra box on stage? Great tuners although I've no experience of using mine live with an electro acoustic.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336
    Boss TU-2 or TU-3.

I wouldn't bother with one with a built-in DI box unless you're running the whole PA etc yourself, since most sound engineers will insist on using the venue's DI box.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I used my Strobostomp with my Ovation with no problems.
    It's also a superb DI.

I recently sold my Ovation so the Stomp is up for sale if you're interested.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    I use a Polytune Mini and it's fine.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    TU3 with no issues here