Peach Guitars Are Evil...

What's Hot
JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
...I only went in to check out the new Colchester shop and buy a couple of straps and a straplock, got them but "accidentally" came out with a Squier VM Jazzmaster as well.

My family have a history of "retail accidents"[1] at this shop and now they make it easier by opening another shop. Something Must Be Done about this!

Oh yeah, about the Squier.... Crazy good for the money, fun to play, sounds pretty good, rythm circuit surprisingly useful, trem surprisingly stable. Only trouble is that I'm now starting to wonder if I should have got a Jag for the full on and-now-for-something-completely-different offset with weird electrics experience, I have a horrible feeling that I may end up with one of each :-) 

[1] Score so far stands at two PRS SE Singlecuts, one PRS-not-SE SC245, one Gibson SG, one Epiphone Dot, one Swart AST Pro, one Fender Frontman DSP, one set of BK "Slow Hand" pickups, the aforementioned Squier, a few pedals, and any number of straps, leads, and other such sundries...
Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I feel Peach being closer to where I live is going to have a negative impact on my bank balance. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have bought a guitar every time I've been to Peach. 

Granted that's only a sample of 1 visit, but I can imagine it becoming more if I still lived near.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I have bought a guitar every time I've been to Peach. 

Granted that's only a sample of 1 visit, but I can imagine it becoming more if I still lived near.
    Yeah that's pretty much the same for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha we need to start a support group.

I have also had a few willpower failures when dealing with Peach :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • I'm going to both Peach stores in a few weekends' time - I bet I come home with at least two guitars, and a nasty credit card bill.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    The swines.!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    There is a place even worserer .Its called the internet and goads poor suckers into lustin after  guitars or some say even wimmim .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I went there a couple of weeks back, and came out with a guitar stand, a padded gig bag, a tuner, and a lead. No guitar though unfortunately.   I didn't manage to get to the Gibson guitar clinic they held either which is a shame.  Anyone go to it?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I went to the market at the weekend and came home with a peach. Is this the same thing?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you intended buying a carrot instead, then essentially yes it's the same
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    I started my lifetime acoustic search in the old store a while back. Trouble is they are prepared to go to such extraordinary lengths to please you and ensure you are fully satisfied with the end result the bastards. I was lucky, despite having my bank card in my pocket I left to mull it over (always a wise move with a big investment). I know I shall be back though, is there a help group 'peaches anonymous' or such like? I daren't put that in google from work.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited September 2014
    I see Peach Guitars are going to do the new Guthrie model! Nice...
    Didn't he switch from Suhr because the main guy who did his guitars there went to Charvel?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Which main guy was that?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Can't remember the name but I'm sure I read about it at the time. I hold my hands up if I'm talking BS but a guitar tech I spoke to recently also mentioned similar.
  • I think he went to Charvel due to money for the endorsement, which I think is more than fair enough. I believe that Suhr don't tend to pay their artists for signature gear, but instead promote them through their website, forums and events. I think I remember reading an article where John Suhr mentions that by having such an arrangement, its less focus on hard business and more mutually beneficial for both sides, and more friendly.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@thomasross20

I've followed the story pretty closely but that's new on me. Ed Yoon left Suhr, but he didn't go to Charvel, and he's not a luthier anyway.

• @DLM. Absolutely, Ed was the guy taking Guthrie around on clinics etc and really raised his profile. But as you say, he wasn't a luthier, he was their marketing/customer services man. A really cool guy from the forum interactions I had with him.
  • My bad! :)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited September 2014
    Ed is an amazing guy, he was integral in establishing Fender Korea for a short time, then moved to the US and started Tone Merchants which he used gave up to enable his brother's immigration into the US and went to Suhr where he was responsible for marketting and played a big part in sourcing the factories for Rasmus till he decided to manage the Aristocrats instead.

The reason Guthrie got into Suhr was he was window shopping in Tone Merchants played a Suhr and loved it, it was Ed's custom guitar he'd waited a long time to have made, a week or so later he  phoned Guthrie up and gave him the guitar..

I don't think Ed is with Charvel but it being part of Fender probably means Ed knows someone there.

I thought from your ocomment Guthrie had a preferred builder or something.. speculation at the time was around the baked maple process on Suhrs allegedly not being perfected and necks going dead... might be something totally different though :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Not been to Peach, Colchester yet. Was sad to see TD Guitars close but at least there's another guitar shop in its place.