DITTO looper help

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qDxW6gYiI

I have the basic DITTO as above link...thing is, try as I might I can't seem to get a short OR long loop going without a pause or glitch between loop starting again,the start/stop in the loops are not seamless like the above demos

I guess there is a learning curve and I have had the thing only a short time....so I could be the numpty here

it wouldn't be the 1st time some cat has bought a pedal based on an ad only to complain.."it sounds nothin' like it man"

anybuddy got any experience with this number?  

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    help...help...help...help...help...help...help...help...help...
    tae be or not tae be
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I've not had much success, but I think the idea is to play your loop over and over, and only start recording it after you're comfortably in the zone, and can concentrate on tap dancing.

And it does get better with practice, but boy is it frustrating at first.
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    As above. Just takes practice I'm afraid. But once you get the hang of it it's very hard to not do it right!
  • mart said:
    I've not had much success, but I think the idea is to play your loop over and over, and only start recording it after you're comfortably in the zone, and can concentrate on tap dancing.

And it does get better with practice, but boy is it frustrating at first.
    This. 

What also helps for me if my timing's off is to keep playing the loop one more time after I've finished recording it, but to release my foot off the switch in the split second between the end of the loop phrase and the beginning. 

How about starting simply, like strumming a basic rhythm with the strings all damped, so you're not concentrating on playing anything complicated as well, you're just trying working on the co-ordination.  
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    some GREAT advice there guys and some ideas too,thanks.will report in later with update.TA  :) 
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom