Nashville ES-355s with B serial numbers

What's Hot
iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
edited September 2014 in Guitar
Hey all -Does anyone know If these built to full Historic standards or have any first hand experience /opinions ? Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are bumps allowed? Fretfinder has told me they are normal production runs but they have no serial on headstock and a B serial number which lists as historic on the gibson website - but you do not get an art and historic Cert. And you can get 355 out of Gibson with CS serial numbers inked on the headstock. Clearly This is a niche post ..
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7822
    have you asked Gibson? they're usually quite good at responding to questions
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    edited September 2014
    I believe B was for Nashville made ES355 guitars only, A for ES335.

A9 xxxx would be a ES335 59 reissue.

As far as I know they are full custom shop (but try before you buy as with any Gibson).

CS used to be reserved for custom shop guitars that are not any particular reissue year, signature models etc.
  • The main reason I suggested it was not a Historic is because of the flamed top, which orginal 355s generally don't have. Historics are normally intended to replicate the original guitar they're based on. Also, if it is from the era when Historics had a COA, and this didn't come with one, then that would seem to tell its own story. Asking Gibson might be a good idea, as suggested.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • We both know what I really want is your 335 @fretfinder....;)
  • Should have the pinky/red COA. I have seen slightly flame top historic ES guitars - more by accident than design!
  • We both know what I really want is your 335 @fretfinder....;)
    Thanks. Ready when you are...!   ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/