Opinions sought: Diamond slides

I've got a couple of brass slides which are great for my resonator but I'm not really happy with the sound or feel I get when I play electric slide. I'm looking glass slides from Diamond Slides which seem to be recommended by many, specifically their "Redhouse" model or the "Blue Diamond". To be honest, £15 or £20 for a bit of glass seems expensive and I'm wondering if there are any opinions on these particular bits of kit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
    edited September 2014
    Depending on how you like them, the blue diamond and red house usually come tapered as they come from proper bottles. If you like a nice straight slide, the ultimate range are excellent, made from lead crystal, they are denser heavier and sound very warm. I have an ultimate, a blue and a red house. They are all great slides but the ultimate is a definite winner. If and when you order one, get one that has a thick wall 4 to 5 mm is good. I use mine on electric and resonator. Nice people to deal with too!
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • Somewhat biased here as I know one of the people behind DBS. I did talk to him about doing a made in the UK on here but he is the non internet savvy part of the team. :o3 I'm not much of a slide player I must admit but they certainly get rave reviews and get used by some top notch players. The number of options should mean you can get exactly what you want. You can even sort it in person if you are Stourbridge way.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.