Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A telestrat! that sounds like an amazing hybrid!

What's Hot

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Did they paint the spring claw?  How peculiar.  @-)
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once had an SG with a strat neck fitted. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Who had the Eye Bleach last ?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited September 2014
    "Pretty" is not a word that springs to mind.... Knaggs will copy that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You can get hybrid telestrat bodies from guitarbuild if you want one. :)

But seriously, I awarded you a lol. Because I laughed at that guitar.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Oh dear...!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Fuzzdog said:
    Did they paint the spring claw?  How peculiar.  @-)

Tonz for dayz. Innit?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I remember Guitarist reviewing a posh Fender Custom Shop one like that a few years ago. Just a Strat with a Tele body shape... pointless and ugly.

At least this one doesn't cost three grand, or whatever it was.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Actually I like the idea of a strat with a tele body in general. The problem there is that the body is darned fugly
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yes, there's more than one way to combine your favourite features of a Strat and Tele.. I just don't think that's one of 'em..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Didn't fender do a version of this for John Mayer if I recall. 
    Strat pick ups, cut aways, neck and headstock on a tele body.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    edited September 2014
    Mayer bought (or was probably given) one of the same run that Guitarist reviewed. 

If you're going to do that hybrid, I prefer the idea of a Strat with Tele bridge and bridge pickup, or a Tele with full Strat contouring and rounded edges. I remember playing one @FelineGuitars made like that at a guitar show probably 10 years ago. Finsih wasn't to my taste but it was a lovely thing.

EDIT: Now I think about it, I played that white one too, when I took my paisley for a refret. BKP Boss in the bridge iirc. Bloody brilliant guitar.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672

Done a couple now - i like the idea (obviously not the execution in the ebay link)

This one is essentially a hardtail strat  with tele bridge pickup and cut down tele bridge.   The body shape isn't just tele or cut down strat, its a mix of both

This one is essentially a tele with a strat shaped body, although its currently dismanteled for a refinish (I had fun doing the aged metal finish but its time for something else)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Those two look excellent! As do the Feline's. The key is to get the body right.

That cream Feline - I saw that for sale in a shop the other week!
  • Erm I like it!!!! What does that say about me?
    How very rock and roll
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Isnt the strat body / tele pickups called a Nashville Strat ?.I always thought it was a great idea and a vast improvement of the non ergonomic  slab tele .I also consider the telemaster  or jagtele a good mix .Again ergonomics .i always .
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    edited September 2014
    rossi said:
    Isnt the strat body / tele pickups called a Nashville Strat ?.I always thought it was a great idea and a vast improvement of the non ergonomic  slab tele .I also consider the telemaster  or jagtele a good mix .Again ergonomics .i always .
    they have done a tenessee strat which is strat with tele hardware (this pic also shows a strat neck pickup)

and more commonly a nashville tele which is a tele with strat middle pickup.  they normally get wired as bridge/neck in the middle position and you loose the middle pickup alone

some strats occasionally get the same wiring - which i think is now referred to as nashville wiring, but add another switch or push/pull pot and you can get the middle pickup too which is much more useful 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    I'd be lying if I said I completely hated it
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    Those two look excellent! As do the Feline's. The key is to get the body right.

That cream Feline - I saw that for sale in a shop the other week!
    Oh -are the family selling that one as well ? Wonder what will happen to the prototype of the 20th anniversary series

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• stevenguitarsstevenguitars Frets: 61
    edited October 2014
    i took the plunge and bought an lsl mongrel 

i LOVE it

but i am considering a p90 or a tv jones neck pup cos the bridge is soooo raunchy 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom