GAS: Yamaha APX 500 II

I appear to have bought one in very good condition for about half the usual used price!

My only other acoustic is a F310. Not had chance to put them side by side yet but as per its design the 500 is much more comfortable to play even with the really tight bridge string spacing and it also seems a lot more resonant.  Might make me play more acoustic stuff as its a breeze to play.  I know its not gonna be as detailed as a solid wood pure acoustic but it seems to capture the acoustic sound in my head and should be fine as I only play at home.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    nice - I gig with an APX700 which I like a lot - half price sounds like a GOOD price :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

I have the 500 II too. Very high value for money IMO with nice sound plugged & unplugged.

Seems a lot of them around for sale so there are good deals out there.

Being a dope, it took me while to figure that the jack plug is within the strap button LOL

Altho I still find the body a tad big... think I prefer a thinner body but then guess would sacrifice much of the sound resonance. What colour did you snag.. white as per image ??

I got the oriental blueburst but was a bit disappointed that it was more greeny than bluey.. but there you go

Cheers

Baz

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Yup, I got a white one. It is very lovely indeed.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

Nice... I yet to see one of these in any colour that doesn't look good.

Controls work very well too. Feels like an expensive pc of kit.

How you finding it ?

Cheers

Baz

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I has one of these now and its the nicest acoustic Ive ever played for me (and Ive played a £2000+ Maton..) I went for the natural finish one though and it looks classy 
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've only had it in work so far but played it a fair bit on lunches etc. I put a new set of 80/20 phosphor strings on it and now seems to have less treble. (Its probably more that the bottom strings are livelier) still sustains very well and the body seems very resonant, much more so than my F310. Its lovely to play, the neck feels very comfortable and there is no buzz. I love playing it. The F310 kinda sits around and gets the odd strum but I can see the 500 getting used a lot more when it gets home.

Just have to find a way of justifying it....not supposed to be buying guitars at the mo....