The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    So you're saying all these tests are worthless?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4786
    Which, the Kubica ones? No not at all, but that being said regardless of how it turns out for Kubica it's still a kick in the ass for Palmer and a great PR exercise all the same. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Boromedic said:
    Which, the Kubica ones? No not at all, but that being said regardless of how it turns out for Kubica it's still a kick in the ass for Palmer and a great PR exercise all the same. 
    Sorry, you got a post in before mine! No, I was asking Sweepy if he thought it was a waste of time.

Lol, no worries!

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    It's good PR, and part of me wonders whether a progressive steering system might be feasible especially as a lot of road cars have electrically assisted steering now. The testing these days seems predominantly engine and aero, whereas in the old days, they'd spend ages just going through different brake ducts and more ancillary stuff
    Well, that was a turn up. Bottas ahead of Hamster, and it'll be interesting to see what happens off the line with Mad Max.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Yes, should make for an interesting opening!

I only caught the end of the qualifying show - is Brundle still off sick? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    The F2 race was insane, some very real overtaking all through the field, let's see what the F1 boys get up to ? ;)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Well, that was a turn up. Bottas ahead of Hamster, and it'll be interesting to see what happens off the line with Mad Max.
    Hamilton had problems with his car .. doesn't bode well for the race. Looks like a Vettel win ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited July 2017
    Andrew Benson on the Beeb was postulating the longer wheelbase on the Mercedes is the root cause of their issues. Maybe some truth in that based on their performances at Monaco etc. doesn't seem to effect Bottas as much. Lewis Q2 lap was awesome but their lap to lap balance seems to alter which threw him off in Q3 said he couldn't go for it as he only had the one lap after the error on his first. Sometimes when Lewis thinks he can feel a problem it affects him a bit too much.

Think the RB race pace will be good too so maybe even threatening for the win if they can undercut in the pits and if Ferraris tyre wear is higher again.

Fretwired said:
    Hamilton had problems with his car .. doesn't bode well for the race. Looks like a Vettel win ..

I'm going with

1. Vettel

2. Mad Max

3. Bottas

Unfortunately this could be a snoozefest - if the Ferrari's get away OK Kimi will probably act as a rear gunner for Seb and slow everyone behind him down while Seb scampers off into the distance. We have to hope that Hamilton or Vestappen get lightening fast starts to get behind Seb so we have a decent race.

Fretwired said:

I'm going with

1. Vettel

2. Mad Max

3. Bottas

I think the Mercs will be good in the race .. I'm not convinced with the wheelbase issue as the race pace is very good. The Mercs have had trouble with super soft tyres when the temperature is hot for years.

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    Don't  think I can stay awake for the whole race!
    Yeah maybe Fret, I wasn't that convinced with the article either probably more the switching on of the Supers like you say, and the short lap not allowing them to use the power advantage so much. I think it'll be:

1: Dani Ric
    2: Vettel
    3: Hamilton

Random prediction (just for fun) :-1: 

Raikonnen gets a terrible start, Hamilton goes around him, 3 way pinch -> shenanigans

Most entertaining outcome will be Vettel not getting first, so we can get further insight into how deep his bag of excuses and moans goes.  
    Red ones are better. 
    Like I said .. a snoozefest ....

I think you must have had the cricket on by mistake or something :-/ 

Red ones are better. 
    edited July 2017
    TimmyO said:
    I think you must have had the cricket on by mistake or something :-/ 

Nope .. cars going round and round unable to overtake .... Seb won with a slow car that couldn't steer properly. Lewis was quicker at one point but couldn't pass Kimi due to the air turbulence and had to keep backing off as his car overheated .. Verstappen was very quick until he caught up with Bottas then he couldn't pass. Utter waste of a few hours. Bar some action at the start nothing. F1 will become irrelevant as more money pours into the electric series now Porsche and Mercedes have entered. We could be watching the slow death of F1 unless it becomes easier to overtake and drivers are able to push 100% throughout the race.

The first five cars finished in the order they started on the grid - snoozefest.

This makes me wonder what aspects of F1 you actually find interesting. 

Sounds like you'd prefer banger racing or Moto GP. You're like a broken record forever predicting the downfall of the sport due to boredom. 

As least others of us enjoy it - you're just some sort of masochist lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom