Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Fretboard Kemper Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Has anyone used the Michael Britt profiles? They are making me want to get into Kemper. Please share your thoughts if you have them. Cheers Rich
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Looks like the KFC / Kemper Remote / Floorboard is about to be announced :D

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 842
    edited December 2014
    drwiddly;430005" said:
    This is an interesting development. I've had a KPA for a while and for home use / recording, it's great but through a power amp and cabs at gig volumes, I've always felt it sounded 'off'. I've put this down to the difficulty in separating the cab from the rest of the profile (even when using the monitor out with cab off).

If this means that the cab part of a profile can be removed then I'm looking forward to trying this out. Anyone know if this is backwards compatible with existing profiles? If not, then all the TAF profiles I have won't be much use :-(
    I may have to have another look. As an axe fx user and lover for some 6 years now, I wasnt impressed by the kemper when I tried one (2 YEARS AGO NOW). Firstly because i like my own tone, not one generated by someone else but don't have access to real amps bar the one I own. Most importantly though, because I use my afx with a power amp and cab 95% of the time, and just couldn't get the KPA to working that configuration. Removing cabs just didn't work well. If they have finally got this right, it may be time to switch my allegiances.
    edited January 2015
    10% discount for a few days for anyone after a Kemper :)

Looks like the Profiler Remote isn't far off launching :)

Another teaser shot released just now
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Wish they would just release the damn thing and stop posting pictures of screws etc :-O
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Really need to get my hands on a Kemper...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    edited January 2015
    Ignore me.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340

My toaster arrived today from RichtoneMusic (thanks for the heads up @PVO_Dave ), literally been grinning ear to ear going through the 400 odd rigs on there.

Why did I not buy one of these ages ago?? Why have one new amp when you can have ALL of them.  :))

edited January 2015
    Glad you're enjoying it @Zodiac51 :)

If you think the factory rigs are good, just wait until you check out some of the paid ones! I've mentioned it a couple of times, but I think TopJimi are my favourites (Marshall tones) for me :D
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Would have been nice to have an expression pedal with it.  It does look a lot more compact than the Behringer FCB though.
    crunchman said:
    Would have been nice to have an expression pedal with it.  It does look a lot more compact than the Behringer FCB though.
    Looking forward to it :)

My FCB1010 is now up for sale on here :D
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Direct Response Preset Switching
    With the Profiler Remote Kemper have significantly accelerated the Rig switching time. What's even better: they managed to avoid the usual silent gap that happens when switching to the next sound and turn it into a smooth crossfade. In conjunction with the implicit spillover of delay and reverb the Profiler provides the smoothest sound switch transitions in the industry.

If this is true, then I am 100% SOLD, and may even consider moving to the Kemper for live performance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    I'm glad it doesn't have one. Makes it more portable, plus you can add your own. Really isn't a big deal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Please forgive the Newbie type question but with respect to the Kemper, how would you create an Amp Profile without a Cab? I thought that it's mode of operation involved "sampling" a full Amp / Cab configuration so surely the Cab "effect" is always in the profile?
    exocet said:
    Please forgive the Newbie type question but with respect to the Kemper, how would you create an Amp Profile without a Cab? I thought that it's mode of operation involved "sampling" a full Amp / Cab configuration so surely the Cab "effect" is always in the profile?
    You have always been able to create a direct profile of an amplifier by plugging into the amps FX loop. But they've refined it even further in the latest 2.8 firmware so that you can fully capture the amp and cab separately, and switch between them with no tone loss.

It's a pretty exciting development.
    Drew_fx said:
    Direct Response Preset Switching
    With the Profiler Remote Kemper have significantly accelerated the Rig switching time. What's even better: they managed to avoid the usual silent gap that happens when switching to the next sound and turn it into a smooth crossfade. In conjunction with the implicit spillover of delay and reverb the Profiler provides the smoothest sound switch transitions in the industry.

If this is true, then I am 100% SOLD, and may even consider moving to the Kemper for live performance.
    I registered on the early bird email, happy to test this and let you know - Big plus for me, I've put up with that pregnant pause with the POD HD too, easy enough to work round, but annoying none the less.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Form an orderly queue - 70 workdays delivery time (20th April).....