squier silver series?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So I've been offered a white strat for around 200 notes. It looks good and I'm going to have a chance to play it before I buy it but I know nothing about these guitars. Anyone got any experience of these? I'll try and upload the pics I've been sent now
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had a black one a couple of years ago. It was nice enough but I seem to remember the neck/frets were a bit skinny for me.

Bought & sold it for £200.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Made in Japan. Early 90's. If it's in good nick and you like it £200 is probably fairer.

I say this by comparison with prices some private (especially ebay) sellers chance on the unsuspecting. Many sellers think 'it's not made anymore, it's Japanese, let's mark it right up'.
    The prices around £350 I've seen asked for one are way out IMO especially with so many great new guitars around that price.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I can't seem to find any info on it on line but I'd probably use it as a platform to mod it :)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I remember these when they first came out in the early 90's. At the time they seemed to be of roughly equivalent quality to the (then) new MIM stuff that was turning up.

As long as the neck & frets are alright and you like the feel of it £200 as a mod platform feels about right
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Bodies were basswood iirc, at least on the solid colour ones - I had a Sea Foam Green one new in 1992, and it was fab but the pickups were utterly horrible. Ceramic bar magnets and shite tonality. That guitar saw many different pickups until I scored a set of SD Alnico 2s secondhand through an ad in Loot.
    Sadly the guitar had to be sold a few years later when money ran out and I had no income...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Any idea what frets and radius these things are?