Rare Blade Model

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
So I have been a fan of Blade for quite a while, but had never seen this design. I quite like it, but can imagine it was too retro for the '80's maket - imagine i'd do well these days though. Anyone know the name of the model?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/levinson-blade-1987-great-condition/1084901339

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    It's a Durango and is from the mid-late 1990s rather than the '80s, around about the time they were in league with Patrick Eggle.
  • I like that a lot. :)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Damn thats a nice looker. Never seen a levinson blade like that. Thought they were all strat styles.

• Saw a model identical to this for sale on eBay in the US about three months ago, same description IIRC, certainly it was quoted as being 27 years old. I have come across a few Blade models that have never appeared in any brochures but this one seems intriguing. I agree with the poster who said it looked like on of their models around time Blade were in partnership with Eggle, but the headstock looks more modern that of that period and I have never seen a Blade with P90s before. Curiosity has got the better of me and I have emailed Blade asking them about this particularly guitar. I'll post any respnse here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sent the serial no. to Blade and got the following reply, seems this model is not as old as seller is claiming: -
    Thanks for your E-Mail and for playing the Blade guitars.

The model you are refering to is a Blade Durango T, see attached specs, these were made in 1996-97 and production was stopped after that. It was rather part of the entry level at that time.

Best regards
    Levinson AG
    Christian Hatstatt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom