Clean FX - Recording

What's Hot
nuggetnugget Frets: 6

Hi

I use a zoom r8 for recording song demos, the drive tones are fine and cool for what I want but the clean sounds are a bit too thin.

So I want to record a really fat warm clear clean sound, wots the best way to get this?any multifx with great clean sounds ? home practice amp with silent DI? I'm really a bass player trying to record some good clean tones with a tele style guitar . I play in a band with a guy playing a mesa lonestar which has amazing clean tone and want to record something similar.

I don't wanna spend more than £100 as its only for home recording, no giging etc

Thanks

Dave

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've always thought that the clean sounds from the Vox tonelabs were great for the price.  Far warmer and sterile that a lot of MFX - whether it completely satisfies the your quest for a 'really fat warm clear clean sound' is debatable, but that's a lot to ask for that money. 

I can't really think of anything else sub-£100, unless anyone can recommend one of the TC character pedals but I've never used any.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maybe one of the boss deluxe reverb pedals? haven't used one personally but they might fit the bill
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    The joyo American sound. Bit noisy but sounds great
  • nuggetnugget Frets: 6
    The joyo American sound. Bit noisy but sounds great
    Ohh they look like they might be worth a punt, thanks
  • Or use the drive sounds with your guitar volume rolled off?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I've always found in the studio that clever use of compression and reverb yields the best sound. A cheap compressor will fatten up your sound and add sustain.,I've found the rothwrll love squeeze to be exceptional for this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom