Line 6 M9... I'm modding the switches...

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Following this guide, but with my M9:
http://www.guitargeek.com/line-6-m13-foot-switch-replacement-guide/

It's quite easy actually!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Cool ... I must say the switches on my POD HD500X are far better and more robust than the ones on my old HD500 unit which I sold. I don't know why Line 6 don't upgrade the M9/M13 to the same switches as the HD500X.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    are the stock switches that bad?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

frankus said:
    are the stock switches that bad?
    Yeah they stop reacting to presses quite quickly. They're just badly designed. The HD500X is apparently supposed to be better.
  • I was going to do this. I hated the stock switches. Worst ever. Why they haven't chabged the design to improve then is beyond me. It's the only reason I moved my m9 on.
  • I never had an issue with my M9 or 13, heavy use for a numbeer of years too.... MUstve been lucky
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I never had an issue with my M9 or 13, heavy use for a numbeer of years too.... MUstve been lucky
    I'm going to echo this, I never saw them as a problem

I also used a DL4 for yearssss and the switches were great (although that's a different thread I think) same company though
  • The dl4 had different switches. (Which were also plagued with problems by all accounts)
    The dl4 had different switches. (Which were also plagued with problems by all accounts)
    No, they're the same switches. Actuators on the PCB activated by plungers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    I never had an issue with my M9 or 13, heavy use for a numbeer of years too.... MUstve been lucky

I also used a DL4 for yearssss and the switches were great (although that's a different thread I think) same company though
    same as...

but lets not start that thread again
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I get a malware warning for that link.

I wonder why they didn't update the M series when they did the HD500x.  The switches on the 500x are pretty nice.
    They seem to have abandoned the M series. It's a shame. It's by far their best series of products.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:

same as...

but lets not start that thread again
    I agree, my point is that I wouldn't feel the need to change the switches based on my experience.  Saying that though, looks like a real fun project! I don't have my M13 anymore, otherwise I would be tempted to have a go!
    I've had 5 M9's. Every single one of them had at least one dicky footswitch. Anyway, it's done now. All good.