NPD: Rockett Archer

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5601/15596958651_69e1104184_z.jpg It arrived in the post this morning. So far Ive noticed that it does do the magic transparent overdrive thing and really does feel like an amplifier rather than a pedal. So yeah its a Klon, or at least it seems to be by my perception. The downside is that when it comes to boosting the 7thvn, I still prefer my modded SD-1...Eeeeek! Not what I was expecting. Am gonna spend a few days with it & see how I get on. The lo gain green channel of the 7thvn is an amazingly warm dynamic overdrive, so am all confused.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    No one cares for long reviews, you just to say whether it gets the extra 8% or not

Are you worthy?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    ?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    joeyowen said:
    No one cares for long reviews, you just to say whether it gets the extra 8% or not

Are you worthy?

Lol ! Classic
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    If it's anything like a real Klon it needs to be tried on a gig with your output section already breaking up. Otherwise it's just a clean boost or shite overdrive pedal at home.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm, maybe Im not in a band atm. The 7thvn sounds so good at any volume though. Im really in love with that pedal. Im gonna keep playing with it a bit longer. I suppose a lot of this is to do with comfort zones as Ive had an SD1 on my board in one way or another since 1989, so its not an easy thing to let go of.
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    The original Klons even came with a scrap of paper that said something like - only use with non master volume amps that are breaking up......or something to that effect anyway. Maybe a forum member with an original might out a picture up for us.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    jeztone2 said:
    ?
    There was outrage once upon a time when people thought Bill was selling Klons that had an extra percentage for extra money.  It was a funny thread
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    ^ Yeah :))

Nice score. :D I like an sd1 too, it's a toss-up for me as to whether i prefer it or a TS for boosting a dirty amp, but for pedal boosting I think I prefer the SD1.
  • May I claim first dibs at this point?
    First dibs...on my missus?