Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ES-335 Studio

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'd like to see it in white before I condemn it to room 101......perhaps not, pull the lever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It seems to be way off the mark for what it is actually labelled as. The LP Studio is a cheaper version of the LP because it offers the same (to an extent) guitar at a lower price by taking out binding and flame tops etc.  The 335 and 339 Studios take away a pickup that would be very often used in a Studio. They have added black hardware... why? To me it is not a Studio model, it is a rock/metal version of a 335 or 339.
  • raulduke said:
    Looks like a piece of shit to me.

An expensive piece at that.
    Agreed.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I rather like it tbh (apart from that stupid neck joint plate). I don't know why it's not the usual 'studio' template but it seems derived from the Tom DeLonge 335. If there was one in white I might be tempted. 
  • It seems to be way off the mark for what it is actually labelled as. The LP Studio is a cheaper version of the LP because it offers the same (to an extent) guitar at a lower price by taking out binding and flame tops etc.  The 335 and 339 Studios take away a pickup that would be very often used in a Studio. They have added black hardware... why? To me it is not a Studio model, it is a rock/metal version of a 335 or 339.
    You seem to be under the illusion that Gibson understand their own naming conventions... Sadly not the case :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It would be fine as a home build - personal and cool. But as an off the shelf gibson, it's a bit disgusting...
  • stickyfiddle said:  ... the illusion that Gibson understand their own naming conventions... Sadly not the case :(
    Gibson understanding anything is a minor miracle.  They can't even think 'joined-up', never mind.
    For example, coil taps vs coil splits - it's all over their marketing literature.

Now I do get the new LPJ, even if it's got a bit of a hard time here.

They have taken some chances over the years, some good some bad, and not usually well accepted, but at least they try something new (ish) now and again.

But this 335 is just a bad decision from the big G, what were they thinking?
    It can't do their reputation any good in the long run either, bad focus groups and marketing dept I recon, sad to see imho.

Gibson understanding anything is a minor miracle.  They can't even think 'joined-up', never mind.For example, coil taps vs coil splits - it's all over their marketing literature.

To be fair, Fender are probably much more guilty of this with the the 'tremolo'.
  • daveyh;37429" said:
    ChrisMusic said:

Gibson understanding anything is a minor miracle.  They can't even think 'joined-up', never mind.For example, coil taps vs coil splits - it's all over their marketing literature.To be fair, Fender are probably much more guilty of this with the the 'tremolo'.
    I hate that.

It's a wang bar! :p
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    edited September 2013
    Pair of chimps. 

What did we learn from this review - erm... erm... erm...

Its meh
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I really like it. I don't like the blue, but in sunburst it would be great. Even better, in a Goldtop finish, it would be outstanding.
    339s are horrible, like a 335 with a growth disorder
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That guitar is vile. A 335 is one of the few guitars I covet, but that is awful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27483
    Hmmmm.

I just stumbled across this model, and the third page of Google hits brought me here.

1.  That's not bad for theFretBoard!
    2.  I'm with @WezV in that the "hide-the-iffy-neck-join" scratchplate puts me off.
    3.  Have any of us played one?  Despite the scratchplate, I'm still being tempted ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Horrible.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.