Chelle pedals

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I saw a review last week for the Chelle Odie Overdrive pedal, which sounds superb. Awaiting the date of its EU availability.

I'd not come across Chelle pedals before though - has anyone had any experience with them? Are they good?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    https://chellee.com/product/odie/ ?

my first instinct is to avoid - anything citing the RC4558P as legendary is basically NOT selling to me.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll be honest and say the RC4558P doesn't really mean anything to me. Am I missing something?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Means Tubescreamer to me with a bit of cork-sniffing ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    ^ LOL

Still, for $100 if it's half-decently made (which is possibly a bit if at that price, though price doesn't always equate to quality either) that's probably ok. I'd be a lot more annoyed if it were three times that.

Wonder why they went with asymmetrical clipping?
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Presumably because it's a modded BYOC OD 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey guys.  Saw this thread and thought I'd say hey.  I wrote way too much when I released this pedal in July, but since I didn't have any media yet I think I was a bit desperate to get some attention.  I've amended the description a bit, though I'll probably rewrite the whole thing soon enough.  After getting this thing out there a bit and hearing some of the feedback it's a bit easier to describe now that I can hear what others are getting out of it.

Anyway, I'll have some ready for you guys in early November.  I'm waiting on a couple more demo videos from the states, but I've also been trying to get in touch with Rob Chapman for a demo.  If you have any suggestions of anyone else over there that might make a nice video please let me know.  Thanks for considering it.
    It's pronounced "Shelley" and it's my wife's name.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    edited October 2014
    Anyway, I'll have some ready for you guys in early November.  I'm waiting on a couple more demo videos from the states, but I've also been trying to get in touch with Rob Chapman for a demo.  If you have any suggestions of anyone else over there that might make a nice video please let me know.  Thanks for considering it.
    You might struggle to get Rob to demo it unless you can somehow persuade Andertons to stock them...and you'd have to make a lot of them to get to that stage.

You might have more luck with Rabea Massaad, though (the guitarist in Rob's band). He does pretty well on YouTube and likes to review odd/uncommon pedals.
    <space for hire>
  • Thanks, I'll check him out.

I have no problem making a lot, but I'm trying to avoid the middle man, hence the low price.  There's about 85 of them floating around already.  More coming.
  • Hey guys.  Saw this thread and thought I'd say hey.  I wrote way too much when I released this pedal in July, but since I didn't have any media yet I think I was a bit desperate to get some attention.  I've amended the description a bit, though I'll probably rewrite the whole thing soon enough.  After getting this thing out there a bit and hearing some of the feedback it's a bit easier to describe now that I can hear what others are getting out of it.

I reckon you should send a few over to us forum members, we can test them out, give a review and pass it on to the next member. Can I go first?
    The Swamp City Shakers

Thanks for your reply to this. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it. From the videos I've seen it seems just the kind of OD I'm after at the moment.
  • Thanks, I'll check him out.

I have no problem making a lot, but I'm trying to avoid the middle man, hence the low price.  There's about 85 of them floating around already.  More coming.
    Sent you a PM
  • Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that Odie is now available for shipping to the UK.  I've set up the two cheapest shipping options I could find that offer delivery confirmation, USPS First Class and USPS Priority International.  Shipping is running $17 and $40 respectively and of course doesn't include VAT.

I know it may seem like a lot of extra money to pay for what is in fact a $100 pedal, but let me just reassure you that it is not really that kind of $100 pedal.  It sounds killer (though check out the videos to see if it is in fact your sound), is built like a tank, has very little noise, and is quite flexible.

Anyhow, I hope you guys get to check it out soon.  I've got at least one more demo video coming in the next week or so that I'm pretty excited about.  I'll post a link.
  • What is the bypass like on these? If they can implement a quality millennium or optical bypass in at that price, it's a steal...
  • It's a mechanical 3PDT switch.  Sorry, no optical or relay bypass.  I looked into some other bypass options, but this seemed to be the best combination of price, size, and features.  It's in a 1590B/1290 (small MXR sized) enclosure.  Probably still a steal though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChelleeGuitars;410509" said:
    It's a mechanical 3PDT switch.  Sorry, no optical or relay bypass.  I looked into some other bypass options, but this seemed to be the best combination of price, size, and features.  It's in a 1590B/1290 (small MXR sized) enclosure.  Probably still a steal though.
    Yarp, it looks awesome for the money!

And all those switchy options, too. I wish you the best, looks like you have a good product. :)

• It's pronounced "Shelley" and it's my wife's name.