SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Handwired 5 watt class A marshall plexi style head.

handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
edited November 2014 in Amps £
Built using the Ampmaker Se5a kit. The cabinet was professionally built by Chris Uff of 'cabs by Chris'. The Se5a is naturally a bright circuit so after liasing with Barry from ampmaker I change a couple of capacitor values to give it a little more 'fatness' and tame the highs. Sounds amazing now, more well balanced (it can get fat and deep but still plenty of high end on tap without the ice pickiness depending on how you set the 3 band eq) and at 5 watts is actually very loud. Plenty loud enough to do small gigs with if you don't need tons of clean headroom (depending on your drummer!) Classic marshall tones. No cheap chinese rubbish. Transformers made in England. Quite similar to my bandmates early Marshall Class 5 but with the added bonus of having a master volume and being handwired. Outputs available for 8ohm or 16ohm speakers. Upgraded harma valves.

Would sell for £270 or trade for something a little more fendery with a little more clean headroom or a strat of some kind. 

Would love to keep this amp but I have built the ampmaker P1800 amp which offers on it a single ended mode which is very similar to this little 5 watter so I don't need both realistically.

Would prefer collection in person near Ipswich but could meet up if reasonably near by. I can post but would expect you to arrange the courier at your own risk. I have the fitted box that the cabinet came in so can pack it well and safely.

Pics:
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments