Total Accuracy?!

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
edited November 2014 in Technique tFB Trader
Just been going through some stuff at my mums place and found my set of Total Accuracy audio tapes! Anyone remember these? With the spoken tab?!

I remember slaving over Sultans of Swing trying to get it note perfect when I was 14!

Is it still going??
http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I think it's became "Lick Library".

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I had a couple of those :) God forbid you should need to rewind the tape and relisten to a bit of it cos it was impossible (for me) to find the start of the solo section or whatever. Still I learned a good few songs that way
    All practice and no theory
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    I remember that the 'audio tab' was far too fast for me so I ended up scoring it all out on paper first....bit of a false economy really!!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    The old Learn To Burn videos and cassettes used to be like that - audiotab dictated, and you had a blank tab book to write it all in. was a loophole to get round music publishing copyright and royalty issues.

Total Accuracy = Lick Library to all intents and purposes.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Beginners have it so easy now don't they? - Lick Library, Youtube, Cracking the Code etc. It was an impenetrable wall for me until I got a teacher, even then I had to work incredibly hard.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread has stirred a memory. Yes I had the Learn to Burn cassette for Metallica. I remember sitting for ages writing out the tabs before trying to play them. Seem to remember something like Open, one, up, two, down, open...
  • Beginners have it so easy now don't they? - Lick Library, Youtube, Cracking the Code etc. It was an impenetrable wall for me until I got a teacher, even then I had to work incredibly hard.
    Have you seen some of the youtube videos?!?!?!? It takes beginners twice as long to learn as they have to sift through all the videos to get to one that is of any use!!! lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom