Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Multi Modulation Pedal Recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_A said:
    Really, the quality of effects on the NUX is great,I fit had TC on the front people would pay £100 for it without question, don't let the fact it's £30 put you off

I've seen these, and the fact that people here have tried them and liked them is encouraging, but can anyone attest to their long-term reliability on a gigging pedalboard? I mean, £30 versus £150 or more for an equivalent pedal from someone else sounds like a great deal, but not so much if it shits out on you mid-gig after three months and needs replacing. Do that twice and you're £90 down in under a year and wondering if you shouldn't have saved your pennies for something else...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    Cheap doesnt mean unreliable. I have a Behringer To800 and Eq700 bought 5 years ago. £20 each and been totally reliable. Meanwhile my Vox Tonelab ST that cost 8 times that and is under 4 yrs old has gone gaga.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • The Mooer mod thingy sounded awful on YouTube IMHO.
    The switching on the M5 isn't ideal for live use, probably not an issue otherwise although missing a proper auto wah whilst having random stuff that's less likely to be used.
    I think there is a gap in the market for a mid price gig friendly multi mod pedal. The Orbital is the closest but still isn't quite there from what I've read, although two presets on a small pedal is real estate friendly.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Voxman;411766" said:
    Cheap doesnt mean unreliable. I have a Behringer To800 and Eq700 bought 5 years ago. £20 each and been totally reliable. Meanwhile my Vox Tonelab ST that cost 8 times that and is under 4 yrs old has gone gaga.
    Of course not everything that's cheap is shit, but for every bargain out there, there's false economy. I just wondered if anyone had had one of those NUX pedals long enough to know which they were. You have to admit, all the functionality of a £200 TC pedal and more in a £30 box does look a *little* too good to be true...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    I think the Source Audio stuff really makes sense if you have more than one of them and you get the MIDI adapter so you can control multiple scenees.
    edited November 2014
    The Marshall pedals are built like a tank. I have five of them; the Regenerator, Echohead, and Guvnr 2 are on my pedalboard plus I have the Jackhammer and Bluesbreaker too. You could chuck them at a wall and they'd just smile back at you! Thoroughly gigworthy. ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    The only thing about those and loads of other multi modulators is that as they have no presets you end up with one setting per pedal as it's too much bother to piss about with them on a darkened stage.
    monquixote;411844" said:
    The only thing about those and loads of other multi modulators is that as they have no presets you end up with one setting per pedal as it's too much bother to piss about with them on a darkened stage.
    I think thats fair comment although I've got used to the Regenerator and know the settings I like so I can tweak it in seconds.

• Voxman said:
    monquixote;411844" said:
    I think thats fair comment although I've got used to the Regenerator and know the settings I like so I can tweak it in seconds.

Wow, something I never managed with those Marshal pedals thanks to the shiny knobs.
  • IIRC the Marshall pedals have very non standard knobs that are prone to dropping off. Hold onto your knobs folks. @not_the_dj you ready for a chorus ( no pun intended) of ' why isn't there a modulation X4?'
  • . @not_the_dj you ready for a chorus ( no pun intended) of ' why isn't there a modulation X4?'
    Oh yes.

Although I think we've been overtaken by the "sort out the tap tempo on the Flashback Triple" mob when it comes to suggesting things to TC* 

(no not that one, the Danish pedal guys)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TBH fair enough, that does seem to be an almighty cock up on the Triple, I hadn't really spotted until Drew pointed it out it as the tc demos gloss over it.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    EricTheWeary;412510" said:
    IIRC the Marshall pedals have very non standard knobs that are prone to dropping off. Hold onto your knobs folks. @not_the_dj you ready for a chorus ( no pun intended) of ' why isn't there a modulation X4?'
    There is: the Line 6 MM4. But it's pretty big and it needs a wall wart. Some good sounds in it though.

• boogieman;412932" said:
    [quote="EricTheWeary;412510"]IIRC the Marshall pedals have very non standard knobs that are prone to dropping off. Hold onto your knobs folks. @not_the_dj you ready for a chorus ( no pun intended) of ' why isn't there a modulation X4?'
    There is: the Line 6 MM4. But it's pretty big and it needs a wall wart. Some good sounds in it though.

[/quote]

Yeh, seems odd that no one has done an updated version of that when there are two or three updated takes on the delay.