Alternative to a Looper pedal?

ROOGROOG Frets: 557
edited November 2014 in FX

I dug out my Zoom G5 yesterday and played with the on board drum sequences and the looper, It was much more fun than I expected, but I found the operation of the looper a bit 'hit and miss' and the drum sounds, although better than a metronome are a bit basic.

I have found real drum sequences on youtube, but wondered how I can link these into the looper to record over them?

The G5 only has a single guitar input and no line in and of couse this is fed through the selected effects. Is there some thing out there that I could use to achieve the same sort of result, but with better and more varied drum tracks and without having to resort to a PC?  For instance could I do this with an iPad?  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Does the G5 have a USB socket? On the G3 you can connect it to a PC via USB and then tell the pc to output audio via the G3- effectively a digital line in. Would be slightly surprised if you can't do that with the G5 too.
  • Alternatively the digitech jamman has an sd card slot (or similar) so you can load samples etc. That might work for you.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Does the G5 have a USB socket? On the G3 you can connect it to a PC via USB and then tell the pc to output audio via the G3- effectively a digital line in. Would be slightly surprised if you can't do that with the G5 too.

@UnclePsychosis Yes it does, I've only ever used it to do the software update.

If that can be done that might help, I wonder if it would record on the looper, otherwise I'm going to synch problems?

I'll give it a try. 

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    I gave it a go and you can hear the MP3 track through the G3 and play over it but it doesn't record the MP3 drum track into the looper. So Im still interested in a thing a ma Bob that can loop with a drum track?