Prepare for the Xotic Fanboydom overload !!!!!!

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I've heard it's just a rebadged Axis.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'm happy with my 535Q.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    I'm happy with my 535Q.
    BEST WAH EVAH!!!  FACT!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Whilst I'm sure it'll be very good, a wah with loads of knobs (imo) will require endless tweaking - just because you can...I have the very non-tweakable Zak Wylde wah and it does everything I need it to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an RMC10 (fixed) and a mongrel wah based on an RMC3 board (tweak all the things) and I have to say I prefer the RMC3 - I spent a while getting the sound I wanted/liked and put the lid back on. Have been happy with it ever since.

R.
  • randomhandclaps;408550" said:
    Drew_fx said:

I'm happy with my 535Q.

BEST WAH EVAH!!!  FACT!
    Sure is the best.

Still using the original production 18v version.
  • Drew_fx said:
    I'm happy with my 535Q.
    BEST WAH EVAH!!!  FACT!
    Fiction! :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    shady said:
    Whilst I'm sure it'll be very good, a wah with loads of knobs (imo) will require endless tweaking - just because you can...I have the very non-tweakable Zak Wylde wah and it does everything I need it to.
    Wisdom for this. 

I'm a big Xotic fan, but I'd rather they just worked out how to made it sound really good and set it like that. 
    That's what I like about the CAE it has a button for 2 sounds both of which are very usable. When I have a wah with millions of knobs on a wah I piss about with it for hours only to discover I've set it up to sound essentially just like a Cry Baby.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    It looks great, very understated and almost peaceful!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    I can see the Xotic appealing to bassists. Many wahs, even bass specific ones, are shite.

It would have to be beyond awesome to beat the Ibanez Weeping Demon though. That's the holy grail of bass wahs and it's not even a bass specific model.
  • I can see the Xotic appealing to bassists. Many wahs, even bass specific ones, are shite.

It would have to be beyond awesome to beat the Ibanez Weeping Demon though. That's the holy grail of bass wahs and it's not even a bass specific model.
    I think I've tried just about all the production Wah's and a few "boutique" ones, and I stick with my WD. Only thing it can't do is switch on with a toe down switch, which I can live with.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • It would have to be beyond awesome to beat the Ibanez Weeping Demon though. That's the holy grail of bass wahs and it's not even a bass specific model.
    I always thought it was a real shame Ibanez made it look like a toy and gave it a crappy name. Must put a lot of people off. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    UnclePsychosis;409764" said:
    fretmeister said:It would have to be beyond awesome to beat the Ibanez Weeping Demon though. That's the holy grail of bass wahs and it's not even a bass specific model.

I always thought it was a real shame Ibanez made it look like a toy and gave it a crappy name. Must put a lot of people off. 
    Yep, that's because ibanez target their products to teenage brootz