How Much?????!

What's Hot
For this???!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    edited November 2014
    Scores a 'tele' and then runs out of tele bridge pickups.

Quite ironic really.

£50 absolute tops and I'm probably being generous.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup - 'tis a plywood horror at best.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    There was a UK guitar shop trying to sell a ply bolt-on Ibanez LP on eBay not so long back for over £700...  :-O
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16737
    yeah, but less issues than previous stuff.   it does actually look like a working guitar

the nuts are getting better, the odd mix of random parts is still a bit off putting

• The last Columbus Tele of this ilk sold for £70 on eBay (which I was surprised at).

• WezVWezV Frets: 16737
    Yeah. It is definitely overpriced.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I wonder what his 'other' pair of spectacles are for...?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    WezV;409825" said:
    yeah, but less issues than previous stuff.   it does actually look like a working guitar

the nuts are getting better, the odd mix of random parts is still a bit off putting
    He doesn't actually say he replaced the nut; probably why it looks better than usual! Actually all he says he's done is change one pickup, swap out the tuners and done a set up. So a cheap, damaged guitar with some changed out bits. For £227. Hmmm.
  • What's the fuss about?

I'm not keen on it & don't think its worth the money he wants for it… So I'm not going to bid on it. Simples.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited November 2014
    Here we go again...... Do I get the popcorn or pitchfork?
  • Goddammit. I had one of those when I was 12...quite a nice guitar, actually.
    <space for hire>
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I've had this discussion recently with some very rich people and a couple of life coaches.

This guy will most likely make it than most people I know and the simple reason is he doesn't listen to criticism or self-criticism, he'll take advice - and he did from here - he only left because he rightly spotted people wanted to give him grief.

I fully believe that this guy will make something original from his guitar builds eventually... and his critics will be left reminiscing about when he started and they bullied him I mean .. gave him the advice that helped him get on his way.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2014
    comment withdrawn
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    if it was £27 would you be more inclined to bid on it then then??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• I admire the guys persistence. It show he has self belief and confidence. If I could can what he has, I myself might progress a bit further in the next year !