Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wasp stings

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10693
    edited September 2013
    viz said:
    Waspard - timewaster letters, right?
    Wisdom for you Mr Viz.

Got both books. My fave: the beef/beel scarecrows and the crossword. Oh and the poem with kingdom/kindom :-D
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I once was having a can of lilt on a hot sunny day. I put it on the wall, and a couple of minutes later I took a huge swig and felt something non-liquid in my mouth. I thought - oooh that's funny, there's an unprocessed bit of grapefruit floating in there, how lovely, i'll bite that and chew it up and suck all the lovely grapefruity flavour out of that sweet delicious chunk. When my teeth crunched down on that wasp, my mouth flooded with an horrid sour bitter liquid causing my mouth to just open and let all the contents flow out onto the pavement (minus teeth and tongue obviously). And lying there was this ruined broken wasp, flexing and twitching. I stamped the shit out of it.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    viz said:
    I once was having a can of lilt on a hot sunny day. I put it on the wall, and a couple of minutes later I took a huge swig and felt something non-liquid in my mouth. I thought - oooh that's funny, there's an unprocessed bit of grapefruit floating in there, how lovely, i'll bite that and chew it up and suck all the lovely grapefruity flavour out of that sweet delicious chunk. When my teeth crunched down on that wasp, my mouth flooded with an horrid sour bitter liquid causing my mouth to just open and let all the contents flow out onto the pavement (minus teeth and tongue obviously). And lying there was this ruined broken wasp, flexing and twitching. I stamped the shit out of it.
    That story made me shiver.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    'Twas a hornet.

It didn't sting me, but even having never seen one before I could tell it was a nasty evil thing.
    Hornets are actually less aggressive than wasps and not likely to sting you - but if they do you'll really know about it. And they do look like pure evil.

Wasps are nasty little bastards though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Deadman said:
    I've only been stung once; on the sole of my bare foot, obviously I stood on the little bastard. It really hurt, I thought I'd trodden on some glass at first.

I've read somewhere that if you get stung you should use a credit card to 'scrape' off the sting. I hope I don't need to test the idea out anytime in the near future though. Wasps are really at the top of the hate list for me. They're even more pointless than flies.
    The credit card thing is for Bee's not Wasps. Wasp's don't leave their sting in you, it's a weapon they can use repeatedly, the snidey little f*ckers. I hate them.

Bee's leave the sting behind, which also means they die shortly afterwards. More of a Kamikaze sort of act, which I suppose you have to admire a little more. The credit card is to push out the sting without squeezing more venom into you from the little sac that accompanies the sting.

(different little sac to the one PaulK mentions above)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    If ever there was a beverage that could be improved by wasp venom it's Lilt.
    Yes agreed, except it wasn't wasp venom, it was wasp thorax contents.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I'm giving you a Wisdom because I so enjoyed the word thorax.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2013
    I was once at a bus stoop and a wasp asked me for £1 for the bus as his kid was sick and he needed to get to the hospital.  I was a bit suspicious but I gave it to him.  Looking back it was obviously a scam and in many ways I blame myself for not asking more detailed questions.  I'm extra wary now.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited September 2013
    also.............. bee stings are acidic,  wasps are alkali.    Treat wasp stings with  acid (lime/lemon/vinegar)  but dont put that on a bee sting, you'll make it worserer

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    bertie said:
    also.............. bee stings are acidic,  wasps are alkali.    Treat wasp stings with  acid (lime/lemon/vinegar)  but dont put that on a bee sting, you'll make it worserer

So if you treat a bee sting with a wasp sting, do you make water?

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I had a sting on the side of my left hand, I put it down on top of the boat and there was a wasp there. I think I apologised to it.
    My V key is broken
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    Yes agreed, except it wasn't wasp venom, it was wasp thorax contents.
    I should also add that in my household the goopy contents of an insect's thorax is called farfignugen.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    we're planning on getting bees next year (need to do a course first really), so I guess I'll be getting stung a bit. Not really relevant I know, but thought I'd share nonetheless.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I nearly had a car crash when a Wasp stung me. It was in a hot country where the fuckers are nasty. The evil jet black hornets that live where my brother abides are terrifying. loud as hell and very large indeed. They could be used go induce mental illnesses...
    I'm giving you a Wisdom because I so enjoyed the word thorax.

Wow thanks!!!
    tFB Trader
    I might take it away again for posting that video :D
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    ICBM said:
    bertie said:

So if you treat a bee sting with a wasp sting, do you make water?

:)
    That's just non-sense...

You get honey - how do you think they make it?
  • I was once stung on the onside of my lip.  Swelled like a bastard and hurt like hell.  Still went to work though.  Just saying....

Quite fancy beekeeping but don't know were I'd keep the hive.  Doubt the neighbours would take to kindly to one on the front lawn.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    RedRabbit said:
    I was once stung on the onside of my lip.  Swelled like a bastard and hurt like hell.  Still went to work though.  Just saying....

Quite fancy beekeeping but don't know were I'd keep the hive.  Doubt the neighbours would take to kindly to one on the front lawn.
    It's only small - living room?