Marshall jmp 2104 combos , g1265's vs "marshall " g12m25's , any advice ??!

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
edited November 2014 in Amps
Hi guys ' I'm on the lookout for a marshall jmp 2104 combo , I owned one a while ago and wish I still had it ! It's been some years since I played one , but it looks like they come in 2 flavours - either with "marshall" branded blackback g12m25's , or g1265's. The one I had was loaded with the marshall branded ones . I wondered what people thought about each version .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    edited November 2014
    I can't remember seeing any with factory fitted G12H-30s, I'm pretty sure they were all G12M-25s, and then G12-65s, both with Marshall labels if original.

I'd take the 65s every time... they don't blow. Those amps put out well over 50W when they're cranked - up to 80-90W fully distorted. Too much for 25s even by Celestion rating standards.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited November 2014
    Im using a 4x12 with 65's in with my JMP 2204. They are very nice indeed. I also had some Marshall Branded G12-80's in a JCM800 cab these were also very nice. 
  • Anyone got any more advice or opinion ? I'm really torn on this one and I'm sure they both sound great