Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

For all you PRS Fans

What's Hot

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    See to me that Strat looks horrid, like something from Argos. I liked the DGT the most out of those initial PRS's. I don't mind a bit of flame. If we all liked the same thing then life would be terribly drab. :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    DrJazzTap said:
    See to me that Strat looks horrid, like something from Argos. I liked the DGT the most out of those initial PRS's. I don't mind a bit of flame. If we all liked the same thing then life would be terribly drab. :)
    Lol, i wish they sell PRS in Argos ! :p
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The cream one with rosewood neck is lovely.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I just place an order for a PRS-trat.

Maple neck.
    Maple board.
    Alder body
    25.5" Scale
    3 single coils
    5 way switch.

Basically a Strat with a set neck but with Locking tuners & PRS Tremolo.

Shows how differently peoples' brains work. I can see how in many ways that works as a strat for somebody who doesn't like the look of strats, but to me if I picked it up I don't think I'd think of it as a strat.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Of course it isn't a Strat, it's still a PRS, but with a single coil sound, something different which I don't have in my other guitars.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I still struggle with PRS, I know it's more a reflection on me but they always seem to be owned by cunts. I work as a guitar teacher in schools and there's always a twat dad who can't wait to boast to me about his PRS. I want to love them but just can't...
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Every PRS on this thread is horrible, except maybe the Starla. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    I like a nicely figured top but those quilts look garish IMO. 

Really dislike chevrons too.
  • RaymondLin;412899" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

RaymondLin;412888" said:I just place an order for a PRS-trat.

Maple neck.Maple board.Alder body25.5" Scale

3 single coils5 way switch.Locking tuners

It's like a strat...

I've never seen one of those in the flesh, but I must ask... Why did you want the PRS over a strat? Genuine question - I don't know what the difference is.

Not really a fan of the Strat look mostly.  

All my PRS has perfect intonation, I even like the resistance (or lack of) on the knobs.  It also quite light, 7.5lbs, I love PRS's locking tuners.  The 305 basically is a Strat on steroids, something if the Strat ever evolve, this is what I imagine it will turn out like in 50 years.  And I paid 1/3rd less of what it goes for on eBay ! So cheaper than what an American Strat retails for too.  

p.s. the point of the photo was I adore how plain this white PRS is.  Can't get any plainer without losing the birds. 
    I have to admit, it looks fantastic. Really nice looking guitar, I was just intrigued as to why you wouldn't get a fender.

It'll probably feel familiar, too.

Looking forward to your ngd man :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I must say I like the plainer PRS guitars, but then I like LPs with less figured tops. 

For some reason I don't mind certain brands with bling tops like Suhr. 

I've just noticed that Peach are selling goldtop DGTs for double the price of a new one because the top has been aged. I bought one with a naturally aged top for half the price of a new one :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    edited November 2014
    Blooooaaaaargggghhh

That is all.

Actually that's not all, I really don't get the flame thing, on PRS, Gibson or anything else. Originally it was a remarkable and curious accident, a "wow, look at that" kind of thing, especially when you found it under a goldtop, but to make stupid, exaggerated stripey finishes an actual goal is utterly, utterly vile and pointless IMO.

I've made this analogy before, but if you hired a tradesman and he turned up bragging about his engraved, gold plated electric drill you would just think he was a complete knob.
    :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    I've made this analogy before, but if you hired a tradesman and he turned up bragging about his engraved, gold plated electric drill you would just think he was a complete knob. 
    :)
    I get where you're coming from, but what happens if he turns up with the drill and just gets on with the work without bragging? Is it PRS that you dislike, or the knob end contingent of owners?

It's absolutely the latter for me.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    ah it's this thread again. The 'I hate blinged up guitars especially Prs 'cause they're owned by middle aged cunts who earn more than me'.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I really hate fancy tops..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Adam_MD said:
    ah it's this thread again. The 'I hate blinged up guitars especially Prs 'cause they're owned by middle aged cunts who earn more than me'.
    Hmm not sure there is much of that in this thread. 

It's more an "I prefer non blingy PRS guitars" thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2014
    It's a shame that the bling PRS's get the majority of air time. I've got a soft spot for the Mira and solid mahogany DGT
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    monquixote;413257" said:
    Adam_MD said:

Hmm not sure there is much of that in this thread. 

It's more an "I prefer non blingy PRS guitars" thread.
    There's enough.
    I think these look great.

• mart said:
    Mine's pretty understated:
    You mean this one?

If so, very nice. Although I can't help feeling it'd be better with a Bigsby. ;)

horse said:
    I just place an order for a PRS-trat.

Maple neck.
    Maple board.
    Alder body
    25.5" Scale
    3 single coils
    5 way switch.

Basically a Strat with a set neck but with Locking tuners & PRS Tremolo.

Shows how differently peoples' brains work. I can see how in many ways that works as a strat for somebody who doesn't like the look of strats, but to me if I picked it up I don't think I'd think of it as a strat.

I like these two and the one with the Bigsby on the previous page. The fancy ones from the first post are minging.