ANGD: '65 Jazzmaster Firemist Silver

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1042
edited November 2014 in Guitar
To say it's been a good couple of weeks for me would be a bit of an understatement. I've sold a few guitars I wasnt using, plus some funds from playing out alot, and treated myself....a couple of times. 

First up was the Marr Jag in Sherwood Green which was sometching else. But then I decided I wanted to replace my Jazzmaster (had a classic player than I didn't quite like the modern scope on it, and a Squier Jazzmaster that was upgraded that was very good but not quite the real thing). I knew the one I wanted was the new Limited 65 Jazzmaster in Silvermist Grey as it was one of the best custom colours I've ever seen on a fender. I'd didn't quite like the fact I was going to be having two major extravagances so close together, but when you are dealing with limited edition pieces why wait?

So here she is, arrived today. These early dark nights are drawing in, so I've did my best to get straight out for a few pics so forgive me. I've only had a quick jam on it, but to say I absolutely adore it doesn't do it justice. Easily the best Jazzmaster I've had the pleasure of playing (62 RI's, and my previous owned guitars), you really feel that it's an expensive piece as soon as you life it out the case, and that great nitro smell. I've been looking forward to trying these pickups, and man they live up to the hype. So clear when clean, but dig in and they'll take you where you want to go. 

Bridge is surprisingly ok, but like all my offsets will be getting a Staytrem. My tremolo arm actually fits unlike some peoples I've noticed, no problem there although it's already swinging so rather than tighten the collet teeth, That will be getting a Staytrem aswell. Always find the Staytrem stuff is worth every penny. Will make this great guitar that little bit better. Anyway, pics. Like the Sherwood Marr, this colour is very reactive to light:
  Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And the new pair and the new amp together:
  Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments