Schecter Omen Extreme FR (NGD!)

What's Hot
hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
So, I took my Colorama 2 in for a set up today but I traded it in on the spot when I saw and played this:

imageimageimage

Photobucket isn't letting me rotate the images, sorry.

It's immaculate, and it's already had a full pro setup from the shop. It plays fantastically well, and I'm over the moon with it. I've never had a FR guitar before, so I'll be having fun learning how to use it!

Made in Indonesia, probably by Cort? It's been built really well and it certainly feels sturdy. The neck isn't as thin as you'd expect on this type of guitar, but I find it really comfortable to play. I can't wait to get to know it better!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Hehe, not much love for Schecter round these parts then :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    It looks like it's on fire !

Didn't see this yesterday but it got a wow from me. The Floyd is great is you play that style, just remember to only change one string at a time ! The finish on the Floyd looks really nice these days too. Is it a kind of black chrome?

The figuring gets better the more you look at it, it looks like actual fire. It looks like a rock guitar man, i'm actually a bit envious and i wouldn't normally go for a guitar of that style but sitting here looking at it, hell yes i would.

Happy new guitar day man.

Do you mind me asking what you paid for it? And you said you traded a Colourama ? What kind of deal did you get and what shop / part of the country was it?
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Not at all, I had a non FR Omen Extreme for a while and it was a cracking guitar.  I replaced it with a PRS CE22 which was better but not as big a difference as you would expect from the hugely different price points.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    It was £289 from Noiseworks in Coventry. I know you can get them for not a huge amount more brand new, but this is already set up beautifully and is basically a new guitar anyway. He gave me £95 for the Colorama, which seeing as it's been sat in my garage for the last 6 months or so unused and slowly going rusty didn't seem like such a bad deal. I was only having it set up as a back up guitar for a panto I'm supposed to be playing in next January.

I was about to pay for the set up when I saw this and it just spoke to me. I've never had a guitar of this type before, the Colorama was my rocker so I just swapped it for this one. I've not been able to put it down since! Schecter had never really been on my radar but they will be now when I'm considering future purchases.

• John @ noiseworks knows how to set up a guitar. I bet it plays like a beast. 

I had the seven string version of your new guitar. It was a great guitar all round. It was a very heavy hitter for its price tag. 

Good purchase sir. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    hobbio said:
    It was £289 from Noiseworks in Coventry. I know you can get them for not a huge amount more brand new, but this is already set up beautifully and is basically a new guitar anyway. He gave me £95 for the Colorama, which seeing as it's been sat in my garage for the last 6 months or so unused and slowly going rusty didn't seem like such a bad deal. I was only having it set up as a back up guitar for a panto I'm supposed to be playing in next January.

I was about to pay for the set up when I saw this and it just spoke to me. I've never had a guitar of this type before, the Colorama was my rocker so I just swapped it for this one. I've not been able to put it down since! Schecter had never really been on my radar but they will be now when I'm considering future purchases.
    Bloody brilliant deal.
    Well done man.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 916
    Good score! My bandmate has a similar guitar in red with EMG's. His has a lot of shellfish though and I prefer the binding on yours.
    Schecter make decent guitars. I have a California Custom (HSS Strat style) and a Stiletto Classic (HSS rock machine) and both are very good playing and sounding instruments. Enjoy your new bargain :-)
  • Wow, that's an excellent looking thing :D
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    Nice :D