Irig users - advice wanted

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    The Apogee jam is much better than the i rig imo, Bias is great but i just downloaded Tone stack last night and in the little time i've had with it so far it's even better than Bias/jamup pro xt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • can seem to find a uk seller with a discount on the jam
    It's in iTunes:

R.
  • looking further it seems that what may be the best option for me is line 6 sonic port - i know it comes with its own software but will it also work with bias and or tonestack etc
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I saw another irig option this morning called Istomp where you have a physical stomp box To go with the app.

For additional info purposes, has anyone had any experience with that version?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    looking further it seems that what may be the best option for me is line 6 sonic port - i know it comes with its own software but will it also work with bias and or tonestack etc
    I use my Sonicport with Bias / Jamup.

I get latency with Bias but then again my iPad is old!

Sonicport works with the iRig software as well, so you can get the L6 stuff and the free amplitude stuff too.
  • How old is the ipad. My daughter has an ipad 2 and a ipod touch 5th gen . I can buy either from her
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Ipad 2 is supported but I've heard that they are pretty bad for latency on BIAS, amplitube etc.

I'd buy the ipod, smaller screen but probably better for what you want. :)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015

Perhaps not a great example of what can be achieved but I was having fun with this tone I got using Tonestack with a Apogee jam into a I pad 2, excuse the terrible playing, I was into the full on gurning and wide spread legs rock star poses stage by the time I recorded this..

https://soundcloud.com/stewel10/bellow

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I recently got the L6 Sonic Port to go with my Ipad mini. Works fine, there was discussion of feedback and noise etc with the ones that plug into the headphone socket like the basic iRig - understandable since there's just the one connector for input and output. The iRig HD, as far as I am aware, is similar to the Apogee Jam and Sonic Port in that they are audio interfaces and as such you would NOT be able to use them and listen on the iPad speakers. You need to plug headies in or you can use a 3.5mm minijack cable to connect to studio monitors or your stereo etc. For rough and ready vocal recording (my voice won't do any other sort!) I used the headset thingy that came with my mobile phone.

For PC use I have successfully used the on-board sound with ASIO4ALL, a free low latency driver which should give acceptable results with Guitar Rig. (I think you would need separate input and output sockets though, don't think it will work with the combined type)

There's certainly lots of great music software for the Apple stuff, but it's not going to replace my computer any time soon!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Just bought bias and jam up tonight for £3 each,don't know what black fridays all about but thanks for the discounts
  • i also bought both bias and jam on the apple store - also decided to spoil myself and buy an apple air - i listened to some reviews and went on some forums to see what people thought of the ios software. On youtube (i know quality is compressed but was using decent headphones) the line 6 software sounded dreadful. I was very impressed with bias though. Also as an axe fx 2 user i got some feedback from the fractal forums and they also rate the bias stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Let me know how you get on I'm using the same stuff it seems.