ThorpyFx LTD Launches 2015

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6145
Hopefully this isn't too premature and will generate some interest:

After many years of building pedals for fun I have decided to quit cloning and start my own pedal company. As of last week ThorpyFx LTD was born and I am in the process of finalising my circuit design for the first pedal I will be releasing, hopefully in the first quarter of 2015. What this means is this, firstly I have to stop cloning so once my stash of PCBS (theres quite a few left..) is built that will be that, no more Klones etc. Secondly I will realise a long held dream to add value to the guitar market and try and compete with the best of the USA boutique scene.

The website inc shopfront is in stasis as it is being built (www.thorpyfx.com) and the Facebook page exists here:

You can find me on twitter here: Thorpy@ThorpyFx

And to top it all off you can email me here Thorpy@ThorpyFx.com

I hope this announcement will please some of the many people who have supported me over the years. I will be updating the social media periodically as I make progress towards the finished product. Suffice to say I am confident that this product will have a place in the market and won't just be a "me too" pedal. It certainly won't look or sound generic :)
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27495
    :)

Absolute best of luck.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Brilliant stuff!

Really excited to see what you come up with :)
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    good luck with your new venture!

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited November 2014
    Nice one thorpy...wish you the best of luck with it.

Pm'd you
  • Exciting! :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Ooh, also if you want random, unhelpful suggestions about what you might make don't forget we're here for you...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6145
    tFB Trader
    I'm going to refer to that Henry ford quote, "if I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses" :) On serious note I'm always open to suggestions but the first two releases are past the prototype phase and my idea for the third release is quite mature too.. Thereafter it's fair game.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Best of luck dude.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CeeBeeCeeBee Frets: 39
    I bought one of your Naga Viper clones off eBay recently and it's ace, Iommi in a box. Best of luck with the new venture.
  • Nice one. Just given you a like on bookface.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2014
    PS, can I have a faster house....actually can I just have a standard horse to start off with.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    thorpy6 said:
    I'm going to refer to that Henry ford quote, "if I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses" :) On serious note I'm always open to suggestions but the first two releases are past the prototype phase and my idea for the third release is quite mature too.. Thereafter it's fair game.
    A faster horse is a good idea, do that.
    (Seriously though, good luck.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Congrats mate!
    Glad to see it coming together for you.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader
    Thanks everyone, really appreciated. I'm trying to do this right from the off. So fingers crossed i get there soon!!
    tFB Trader
    Update time.... Christmas was busy, I've managed to build the first two ThorpyFx releases and fettled them to the nth degree. IMHO they sound EPIC, couldn't be happier. Here they are in tstandard enclosures waiting to be rehoused once the custom design arrives.

The GUNSHOT id the first pedal to be released with the CHAMELEON to shortly thereafter.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    thats really cool man...are you thinking of doing a tour box? I'd be up for it if you want...
    tFB Trader
    samzadgan said:
    thats really cool man...are you thinking of doing a tour box? I'd be up for it if you want...

Haven't decided on this one tbh, it's something I'm considering though
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Exciting! :)
  • Cool. The first handbuilt pedal that I ever bought was from you years ago. It was a madbean egodrive which was an ocd variation I believe. It was then that I got into pedal building myself and you were kind enough to offer lots of helpful advice via email. I have built a lot of pedals myself since then. I rarely have time these days though I still love it and am an fx-a-holic. I wish you every blessing in your endeavour and am looking forward to seeing the final release :-)

Oh and what is your MBE for?! Pedal building services to the country?
    tFB Trader
    Cool. The first handbuilt pedal that I ever bought was from you years ago. It was a madbean egodrive which was an ocd variation I believe. It was then that I got into pedal building myself and you were kind enough to offer lots of helpful advice via email. I have built a lot of pedals myself since then. I rarely have time these days though I still love it and am an fx-a-holic. I wish you every blessing in your endeavour and am looking forward to seeing the final release :-)

Oh and what is your MBE for?! Pedal building services to the country?
    Thank you very much indeed!! Hopefully you'll be able to find more time this year. I can't say what the MBE is for I'm afraid, but it was for services to the country not in the field of pedals... Hopefully the pedals may earn me a higher award lol.