Jess Lewis. The girl is a true diamond.

What's Hot
Just outstanding playing from Jess again.
In all my years I've never heard a young player with such a perfect 'touch'. She is just a phenomina.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Yep she's superb and not just for a youngster or a girl. Proper genuinely great. 

II can't wait until she starts releasing her own music.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    lovely example of great note choice and feel without resorting to a million notes per second

great tone as well (and presumably not a valve in sight?)

• It is amazing playing and probably churlish to say something like it's not my cup of tea. Actually, I'll play it again, perhaps it is more my cuppa than I thought... :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    lovely stuff, great touch
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Superb playing. Don't like the tone at all though.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Fantastic touch and feel. Her left hand technique looks a bit stiff though, and I'm not sure she's bending properly! But who cares when it sounds this good.
    tFB Trader
    I'd like to be able to not bend properly like that
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep she's superb and not just for a youngster or a girl. Proper genuinely great. 

II can't wait until she starts releasing her own music.
    Has she done any original music?

I've not heard of her before, and this is good, but all the phrasing, note choice, etc. comes from the original:

R.
    tFB Trader
    I think this is her own

As is this

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    equalsql said:
    Just outstanding playing from Jess again.
    In all my years I've never heard a young player with such a perfect 'touch'. She is just a phenomina.

I think that's my favourite Axe FX tone yet.
  • I have, briefly, played an Eternal Jess Lewis model ( that blue Thinline Strat). I can't imagine they made many, indeed probably just the one. Fair to say it didn't sound like that when I played it. :o3
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22822
    It's not the sort of stuff I'd listen to over a whole album, but I really enjoyed those clips.

Love that Thinline Tele, too.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited November 2014
    @monquixote that Emotive Ballad is part of an Alex Hutchings JTC package.  Not even sure if Alex actually wrote it, as far as I know Jan Cyrka writes most of the backings....  She does have an interesting tone on that one though, almost synth like.  
    tFB Trader
    @monquixote that Emotive Ballad is part of an Alex Hutchings JTC package.  Not even sure if Alex actually wrote it, as far as I know Jan Cyrka writes most of the backings....  She does have an interesting tone on that one though, almost synth like.  
    Yes that's true, but it's her solo rather than Lary Carlton etc
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    She's definitely developing into a very good player - it'll be interesting to see how she develops as a writer.

As an aside I was at a clinic with Guthrie today and someone asked about one of his JTC tunes - he couldn't recall the track in question and went on to describe the process as popping in to the studio for an hour, being given a description of the backing and then playing over it and leaving them (JC?) to deal with naming the song etc.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405

So I get asked to dep for a rockabilly band, their normal guitarist has gone and they have gigs booked. In the meantime they said a young girl had answered their guitarist wanted ad but could I do the first couple of gigs while she got up to speed. Well yesterday I played with her at rehearsal and was totally blown away by how accurate she had worked out the solo's and basically how good she was and oddly familiar .... and I remembered this thread, clicked on it and yeah it's her :)

We are both doing the gig tomorrow, trading solo's although given more time she's more than capable of doing the whole thing herself. Awesome player ..... I mean frankly astonishing for her age

The gig is Betty Blue at Port Solent Marina tomorrow lunchtime, open air gig with free entry :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Golly gosh :-O Interesting that she's doing so different than you might expect.
    tFB Trader
    Wow.

It's a good job you are a bit handy Danny. I'd be crapping myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I think clean Jazz is her real thing ... Every little quiet noodle while waiting between songs was jazzy
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    I saw her put out an ad looking for musicians to start a band recently, also played after her at an event (yikes), astonishing player. Busks in my hometown as well, makes me feel like a total loser later in the evening when i'm loading into the local pub just up the road to play sweet child again...
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management