Regular Jam-Nights in Cambridge

What's Hot

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited August 2013
    First post edited to include new Monday jams alternating between the Tram Depot and The Emperor - blues and soul
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    Message received and understood, ta, over.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I can't make this monday this week (hospital tests tuesday morning), although next week is a pissabolity.

I should be at the blues jam sunday

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:

I should be at the blues jam sunday

Me too. It's time for my annual SRV tribute set, to commemorate the anniversary this week of his untimely passing. Candidates at the moment include Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love, Lenny, Cold Shot and Scuttle Buttin'

Sadly SRV's passing was on my 15th birthday...........

and you'll be pleased to know, I don't know any of those songs, so you won't have to put up with my playing.........

:-S

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Neither do I but that shouldn't stop us. Jam (n) An instance of a thing seizing or becoming stuck".
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Neither do I but that shouldn't stop us. Jam (n) An instance of a thing seizing or becoming stuck".

That description kinda describes me last sunday....mind the basserist didn't help....at least I tried to get to the right place :-S

>:D<

bigjon said:

Me too. It's time for my annual SRV tribute set, to commemorate the anniversary this week of his untimely passing. Candidates at the moment include Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love, Lenny, Cold Shot and Scuttle Buttin'

The Strat, Sarah, is freshly strung, cleaned, and has had the neck oiled ready for you to use tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy playing it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sure you don't want to borrow my Jem, BJ? I would have thought floyd rose and humbuckers were essential for playing srv properly! :)
    It's a kind offer, Viz, but I'd need it strung with 8-38 strings
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Consider it done (it already is tbh) :)
    viz said:
    Sure you don't want to borrow my Jem, BJ? I would have thought floyd rose and humbuckers were essential for playing srv properly! :)
    I offered him any of mine, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Charvel, but he insisted on a Stratocaster. Don't tell the rest of the Cambridge Cartel I own a guitar without a Floyd and 'buckers..........

mike_l said:
       but he insisted on a Stratocaster. Don't tell the rest of the Cambridge Cartel I own a guitar without a Floyd and 'buckers..........

Shit. :| >:D<

edited September 2013

@bigjon, giving Sarah a proper workout, with some brilliantly played SRV covers

Sorry the pics ain't great, it was my phone's camera

BJ and @mike_l performing in harness, from later last night

edited September 2013
    Well done all! SRV would have been proud. Like that downwards chord sequence in the 2nd line of your solo bj, and Mike I think you indeed did surpass former whammy extravaganzas!
    @viz  ; that's what Floyds are for (BTW I'm at work and can't view the footage)

viz said:
    Well done all! SRV would have been proud. Like that downwards chord sequence in the 2nd line of your solo bj, and Mike I think you indeed did surpass former whammy extravaganzas!

Seen the footage now, yep Whammy abuse ahoy. You got to try to out whammy me next time you're there.........

Thankfully that's the song/solo I didn't really mess up

;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27493
    If I'm free on Monday (ie not getting up at 0530),  I'd like to make it over again on Sunday.

Anything special planned?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

I'm planning on playing another whammytastic atonal solo

other than that no.

If you're around Saturday night there's a jam at the Emperor on Hills road