Effin song ... got me nearly defeated!

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
in Live tFB Trader
Another Girl Another Planet by the Only Ones ... that bridge/chorus part where he sings 'another girl another planet ... another girl another planet' and there's a drum break. Tried counting it tried every bloody thing. None of the tab or online stuff seems accurate. Our drummer's all at sea ... bass not much better argggggggh 1.32 on this vid
http://www.muzu.tv/theonlyones/another-girl-another-planet-music-video/549185/
Anyone do it? Blink 182 totally fudged around that part on their cover ... so I have a feeling it's not just me!
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    The original was done so off the cuff that you might just have to 'feel' your way through it yourselves. Utterly brilliant track - and also the best guitar intro ever in my opinion... which like everything else was spontaneous. The whole song is basically the original demo, played in one take with only the vocals, a bit of extra guitar and a Hammond overdubbed.

You may have read this already - 

You'll probably have to get everyone to listen to it over and over until they just get it naturally, if you want to make it that close to the record.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    Endlessly cool song ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• GW: Great song

Checked out the tab I can find.

You're right its way off!!

Good luck

• Sounds like an 8th missing from the last bar. Easiest way to figure it out is to listen to the guitar in that part I reckon.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Don't know but that seems to be Joe Bonamassa playing the solo.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    Don't know but that seems to be Joe Bonamassa playing the solo.
    Nah just endorsed by him :)

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2013
    I stood next to the singer, Pete Perrett, at a gig last year (his boys have a band). Jeez! That man looks like death on 2 legs. I've never seen someone that pale and scary in all my life!!!! His drug addiction is well documented.

Anyway, fine song!