Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Special edition guitars from a while ago that you still lust after

What's Hot

Comments

• Gassage said:
    @Gassage - I am the bright, effervescent, joyful ying to your dull Cornish grey yang ;-) 

Outstanding! Yeah, I really like the industrial look- guits, amps...save for a love of flame tops- but even then I'd never buy a none trad colour. And I admit one, not all, of the reasons for ditching the Lehle was its offensive luridness in an ocean of Cornish androgeny.

I reckon it's being mad on the Stranglers in my formative years as a youth...and quite serious about that.

However, I've really liked some of your more unsual guitars....they're THAT lurid that they work in a curious way!
    Strange what we're drawn to isn't it?

I can understand The Stranglers impact. I'm influenced by Knopfler and Satriani, and in some ways share some traits - they like some garish guitars, but are quiet guys. I have my boisterous moments, but mostly don't crave attention and struggle on stage with the performance angle. I'm definitely more Satriani than Vai in that respect.....!!

One of my favourite guitars that I sold was the Grey/Black flame DGT. Understated, but quite classy. I adore mother nature's way of creating wood grains, their randomness or perfect patterns, and just find that bright colours can emphasise them more.

But the Chromeboy is just sweet...!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    I have to agree re that DGT. Lush as fuckery.

Ironically, I'd love one of the Orange 70's strats with black scratchplate.

What was the orange called? Marty Willson-Piper had one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Squier Hello Kitty Strat. I would probably have bought one if it had a neck pickup.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Fender Wayne Kramer Strat.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The first joe perry les Paul and the ibanez jem bsb burnt model.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    This one popped into my head today. I remember loving the look of it at the time and I still rather like it now.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/divisions/gibson usa/products/gotm/lespaullp-295goldtop/

Fecking lovely. There's one in a shop in town and its not that pricey. Plays great too.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said: image
    There's no such thing as a
    wrong answer to this, but if there were...
  • PRS SE Semi hollow.
    Not especially expensive guitars at the time, just didn't have the money. Possibly a bedrock for pickup upgrade (never actually tried one, just like the look of them!) but yeah, that's the one for me.

(They might even still make them, I just have a feeling they don't)

• Paul_C said:
    There's no such thing as a wrong answer to this, but if there were... Oh yes there is. This is it, for every conceivable reason
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    hobbio said:
    I think the Chris Cornell 335 in olive is just about the best looking guitar I've ever seen.

Very, very nice. Just wish the green had no Bigsby, they should of stuck it on the black one!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    hobbio said:
    I think the Chris Cornell 335 in olive is just about the best looking guitar I've ever seen.

that is one of the best 335s ever made
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Absolutely not. At all. Not since I became wise to the skills of UK luthiers being able to give me exactly what I want, to a better standard (yes I'll uphold that) than the mass produced branded (and yeah, ok, in the interests of intellectual ownership, 'correct' product) at a price point that makes walking into a shoppe simply ridiculous.

And of course, the Bitch That Is Parts-a-castering.

Needs to feel the way I want it to, and create the sounds I want it to. Alongside the rather poor input from me.   :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    jd0272;436368" said:
    Niallmo said:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/09/article-2230301-013053250000044D-777_634x502.jpg

And that's fucking horrible. (The crash guitar).
    God that reminds me of an 80s swatch watch!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    The Gibson Vegas Standard!!
  • Ibanez RGT2020A. The natural finish through neck one with the racing stripes. I would post a link but I'm browsing on my phone, which doesn't like providing links...
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    capo4th said:
    hobbio said:

that is one of the best 335s ever made
    +1  I love those things, the guy just nailed it.  Never lusted after a Bigsby till I saw those.  I've said it before in another thread, but I could have bought one at the time, and I really should have.  IF you can find one for sale, you're going to pay at least a 33% premium on the new price for it.  The black ones are much cheaper.