Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

guitar spray painters and union jack sheraton

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325

Hi ive seen the union jack Sheraton ltd ed  with usa hardware for £630 at thommann

the thing is ....I don't know if I could pay over £600 for a Chinese epiphone guitar

however I have a natural Korean epiphone ,how much would it be to get the front (not the sides)sprayed union jack???

,could I do it ??? ,i'm a joiner so I am handy ,but i've always thought as you build up different colours it would leave steps between each different colour layers

or should I bite the bullet and sell the Korean and go for the real deal

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd go for the real deal, they have a nice case, 60s headstock, good pickups, certificate and are a limited edition. The older Union Jack models were going for silly money so these could be a good investment.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd go for the real deal, they have a nice case, 60s headstock, good pickups, certificate and are a limited edition. The older Union Jack models were going for silly money so these could be a good investment.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • I see I have earned a lol there, thanks for that! Those old Epi Union Jack models were about £400 new and were selling for a a grand on eBay not long ago. Better returns than my savings account that's for sure.
  • Could you get a vinyl wrap for your Epiphone? Not the same I know but a lot cheaper. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Was the old union jack replica a sheraton or did they just do the supernova?

I'm not a big oasis fan but having played a couple of supernova's they're great guitars.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Chinese Epis are built pretty well mate.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    £1500 and it says that the case may vary from the one shown AND is subject to availability..

Pretty guitar, but £1500 is a bit bloody dear.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    I'm sure the symmetry is off on the union jack...the f holes show it as do the horns!...1500. you could have had my Custom for 280 less.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    mark123 said:
     as you build up different colours it would leave steps between each different colour layers
    Mark out the flag like you were airbrushing - should have minimal steps in the paint and when you do the clear coating it'll bury the steps anyway. I would give it a go mate.

• The ones on Thomann look nice and the symmetry looks right.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • They can only go up in value. The Union flag is rapidly becoming a quaint anachronism... ;)
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Paying Euros for a UKIP guitar, certain irony there ... ;)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited December 2014
    lamf68 said: I'm sure the symmetry is off on the union jack...the f holes show it as do the horns!...1500. you could have had my Custom for 280 less.

The Union Flag is asymmetrical but whether this is an accurate representation I have no idea.
  • lamf68 said:
    I'm sure the symmetry is off on the union jack...the f holes show it as do the horns!...1500. you could have had my Custom for 280 less.

In that sense it is accurate, as the flag itself is not properly symmetrical.

• Have we had the "is that guitar actually a boat" part of this discussion yet? ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    ^ in the sense that it 's only the Union Jack when it's flown from a boat as opposed to the Union Flag ?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Sims did a very nice job on strat for one of our customers, but it was pretty expensive to do.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBob said:
    ^ in the sense that it 's only the Union Jack when it's flown from a boat as opposed to the Union Flag ?
    Yes, something my Dad would always harp on about if anyone said Union Jack....although reading this it actually seems acceptable http://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Iamf68 means the layout is off I think - look at the vertical red bar vs the ends of the f-holes, at the bridge end. Though it's entirely possible the f-holes are Friday afternoon jobs...