Lifeson Les Paul........

stedsted Frets: 259
Keep looking at these things, seems a very versatile guitar with the floyd and piezo etc, anyone played one? any experiences?

I is very tempted but there aren't many about to try out!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'm no fan of Les Pauls, but honestly- a Floyd Rose on a Les Paul!!!
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Lol! Doesn't bother me mate!
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Played one, absolutely loved it, but I somehow couldn't get past the whole 'It's a Les Paul with a Floyd this is somehow wrong' part of my brain.

In many ways, it's my perfect guitar - plenty of great tonal choices, a trem which doesn't go out of tune, a great neck joint, etc.  I'm just strangely traditional when it comes to Gibsons.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • I played a few and tried to buy a few used ones but folks were holding out for more than I wanted pay.

The ones I played I liked very much (Andertons and GG) but then whilst I'm not a huge Les Paul fan but a big Lifeson fanboy so the dice were stacked in its favour . Have you thought about an Axcess les Paul? I had one and sold it for about 35% of a new AL.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    edited December 2014
    I have an Indie LP shape with Floyd Rose and it looks and plays fantastically well.  Maybe looks 'right' because it's not trying to be a standard traditional burst Gibson (which, I admit, do look a bit odd with a FR fitted)  Weighs a ton, mind you...
    I think the Royal Crimson Lifeson looks great...