Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What famous guitarists live near you?

What's Hot

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Mark Knopfler has a house just down the road, a friend of mine put in a patio for him last year.  Nice chap who makes very good coffee, apparently.

Not a guitarist, but my aunt used to live opposite Phil Collins - I was in the queue with him once in the post office when we went to visit.  A slightly surreal experience!
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Fuzzdog said:
     I was in the queue with him once in the post office when we went to visit.  A slightly surreal experience!

For Phil Collins?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave Hill lives near my mom's house; Noddy Holder is a friend of my son's girlfriend's father ( that might be a bit tenuous); KK Downing grew up down the road from me and I used to live around the corner from Nick Beggs 20+ years ago. I also used to live near the HQ of Heavy Metal Records. Remember them? No? :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    RocknRollDave;441786" said:
    Steve Craddock of Ocean Colour Scene lives somewhere nearby. I was in the queue behind him at the petrol station in Harborne many moons ago.

It's just a shame I can't stand his band or his playing..:(

I saw Dave Hill of Slade in HMV in Merry Hill once.
    I like Steve C.

I think he's moved darn sarf now..

He was brought up in Solihull though.

And as @iansavage mentioned Trevor Burton is local. Used to go and watch his band at the Actress & Bishop in Brum regularly a few years ago. He's a great blues player.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Lixarto said:
    mike_l said:

Jon Lord (RIP) used to live about 15 miles away.

As did another of the coolest guys then - George Harrison.

Jannick Gers lives near me; never did go for that drink with him.
    I think you're getting your geography confused, George Harrison was in Surrey (I think) not Cambs.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Tony Iommi (used to I think) live in Lapworth just down the road from me.

He once bought a hose from the Garden Centre I worked at as well.

Robert Plant and Cliff Richard both shopped there as well (this was in the mid 90s)

Dave Hill famously bought that house next to a girls school in Solihull, that's down the road from my parents.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited December 2014
    George and Jon were neighbours, it is well documented. George's place was Friar Park which turns out to be Oxfordshire.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    Jon Lord was living at Gamlingay on the Cambs Beds border.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited December 2014
    not in the same league but Kelly Jones (sterophonics) has a home a couple of minutes from me. can often be found in the local pub on a Saturday night. very down to earth guy. Also used to  see James Dean Bradfield at the rugby watching the Cardiff Blues. He used to sit in the cheap seats . Again seemed very down to earth
    Guy Pratt and Richard Wright (RIP) both lived down near Royston, which is about 20 mins from Cambridge.

• andyoz said:
    Pete Townshend actually bought the Wick of Ronnie Woods.

He bought Ronnie's wick? What's the poor bugger been using for all these years then?

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Jonny Greenwood's a short walk from me

• ...and of course Nick Drake is from Tanworth in Arden and he's buried there. Not far from me either.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @TTony @mike_l I have you both beat, @Bucket lives 5 mins walk from me. He ain't famous yet, but if there's justice in this world he will be 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No famous guitarists here. Though Craig the winner of Big Brother 1 did live here, but now he's moved.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The best I have is Paul Potts lives in my street :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4258
    edited December 2014
    Tony Iommi (used to I think) live in Lapworth just down the road from me.

He once bought a hose from the Garden Centre I worked at as well.

Robert Plant and Cliff Richard both shopped there as well (this was in the mid 90s)

Dave Hill famously bought that house next to a girls school in Solihull, that's down the road from my parents.

Seeing Tony Iommi there would be fairly surreal I reckon.

I suppose Robert Plant would feel right at home down the Garden Centre as well.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hertz32 said:
    @TTony @mike_l I have you both beat, @Bucket lives 5 mins walk from me. He ain't famous yet, but if there's justice in this world he will be 

I think you'll find I'm actually the winner, as Monquixote works about 15 mins drive from my work, viz lives about 10 mins drive from work, and Digitalscream lives about 45 mins from home....

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Hertz32 said:
    D'awwww.

Have a wow :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    edited December 2014
    If we're getting silly, I live just moments away from where I live, and I'm almost certainly the most famous bassist in my post code. Fuck all y'all ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom