Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

guitar items you are looking forward to getting?

What's Hot
racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1006
edited December 2014 in Guitar
i am very much looking forward to getting my new staytrem bridge for my squier jaguar.

it was a lot of money (for me) to splash out for one,but have read nothing but praise for them and they do look lovely. 

am planning on buying their staytrem trem arm upgrade also (as the arm keeps coming loose and can come out occasionally).

what you looking forward to getting soon,guitar/item e.t.c wise? 
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EMG 81/89 combo, should be delivered next week. Replacing HFS/VB in a CU22 hardtail. :)
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

An Ebow that I just added to a Thomann order. Never used one before.

Found this, which I thought was rather interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ut_QliyhQ

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I dont have a stratocaster, but I ordered some Oil City strat pickups. Really looking forward to stroking them and seeing how many 1 pence coins I can pick up with one single coil. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Lumpy's mk2, somewhere between the US and Europe at the moment I think. Hope it makes it before the xmas break
  • I've just ordered a string winder, having lost my last one years ago.

I'm quite looking forward to easier restringing!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    S-type guitar. At some point.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3635
    Got a Big Muff arriving tomorrow.

I'm not really a pedal type bloke but looking forward to making a noise. 
  • New Oil City Pick-ups for my HSS Strat and Les Paul Smartwood :-)
  • not_the_dj;445357" said:
    New Oil City Pick-ups for my HSS Strat and Les Paul Smartwood :-)
    Nice :D and :o I've only played one smart wood, it was really light weight and an utterly fantastic guitar. I hope they're all like that one, it was beautiful.
  • not_the_dj;445357" said:
    New Oil City Pick-ups for my HSS Strat and Les Paul Smartwood :-)
    Nice :D and :o I've only played one smart wood, it was really light weight and an utterly fantastic guitar. I hope they're all like that one, it was beautiful.
    Yeah I love it. It's from '99 a Smartwood Exotic in Taperyva Guasu, rather than the later Smartwood Studios.

Lovely guitar, great light weight so perfect for long gigs, but I've always thought I could improve on the 498T 490R stock pick-ups_

I always had dreams of tracking down the others as I love the look of them all...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I'm getting one of the Tele type DIY kits from G4M for Christmas, hopefully there'll be a few more guitar-type things in my pressie pile too.

Obviously, once I get the kit up and running I'll be looking forward to getting the Oil City pups I'll need to order for it...

Those Smartwoods look great!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• I already own the two things I'm most looking forward to getting!

One is my SG Jr which is away getting new pots as the old ones needed replacing.
    The other is my Yamaha THR10, I bought it last week & my wife promptly declared it a christmas present and has confiscated it until then!

Other than that I'm thinking of getting a nice OD pedal.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Toronado bridge so I can finish the mods to the Pawn Shop Mustang.
  • Mastery Vibrato and Staytrem bridge for my überMascis™
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    edited December 2014

There should be a Recording King lap steel under the tree on Christmas day.

Looking forward to annoying the band by adding waaaay too much slidey guitar to all our new songs while I learn to play the thing.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_dj;445368" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

not_the_dj;445357" said:New Oil City Pick-ups for my HSS Strat and Les Paul Smartwood :-)

Yeah I love it. It's from '99 a Smartwood Exotic in Taperyva Guasu, rather than the later Smartwood Studios.

Lovely guitar, great light weight so perfect for long gigs, but I've always thought I could improve on the 498T 490R stock pick-ups_

I always had dreams of tracking down the others as I love the look of them all...http://files2.soniccdn.com/old/1910564d8f23dd1e93e.jpg
    Didn't realise there were so many, they're gorgeous! Were they very successful?

The one I tried was swamp ash, looked a bit like the second from the right in your picture. It's one of a few guitars (along with the les paul raw power that I'll never forget) that I should have bought, even if it meant selling everything else. :(
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited December 2014

The one I tried was swamp ash, looked a bit like the second from the right in your picture. It's one of a few guitars (along with the les paul raw power that I'll never forget) that I should have bought, even if it meant selling everything else. :(
    The Swamp Ash would have been a later one than these (The Smartwood Exotics) were available for a short time in the late 90s, the Smartwood Studio and Swamp Ash ones were a few years later, they'll have a leaf logo on the truss rod cover. 

The Exotic's weren't that successful really, the body is much thinner than even a studio, so the Gibson snobs didn't take to them at all.

*Edit* and old photo, but here we are togther:

• not_the_dj;445398" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

The Swamp Ash would have been a later one than these (The Smartwood Exotics) were available for a short time in the late 90s, the Smartwood Studio and Swamp Ash ones were a few years later, they'll have a leaf logo on the truss rod cover. 

The Exotic's weren't that successful really, the body is much thinner than even a studio, so the Gibson snobs didn't take to them at all.
    Makes me think of the les paul vixen, another light weight les paul, super thin body, and a wonderful conch shell colour. Never seen one in the flesh, but I remember thomann clearing them out.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3919
    I don't know if I'll be able to resist the urge to get a 50s Baja Tele. I've had a chunky necked itch that I need to stratch for far too long now.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    english_bob;445390" said:
    There should be a Recording King lap steel under the tree on Christmas day.

Looking forward to annoying the band by adding waaaay too much slidey guitar to all our new songs while I learn to play the thing.
    I wish you hadn't showed me this. So cool.

Which strings go on it? Heavier the better?