Guitar Shopping boys day out recommendations

What's Hot
Out with my mate and into a guitar shop for the first time in yonks.

I probably want to try out may be buy 335's or similar and get a general feel for whats what. I could also be tempted by a PRS semi hollow, or JA-15 but not seen many of those around and would have to be exceptionally impressed as ES are my current GAS.

So the choices are 

Guitar Guitar then Andertons

Coda never been

Peach never been

Or seaside outing to GAK went once and found them a bit indifferent

Or if I am missing a trick round the SE without going into London then throw that in the mix

thanks for any tips
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    Peach have a good range of higher-end stuff and is a nicely relaxed place.

Wherever you go, I'd give them a call first to see what they've got in stock that you might be interested in.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    G/G in Epsom then the hop to Andertons followed by a trip to Guitar Village if your appetite is up for it.

There's Nevada in Portsmouth at the end of the A3 too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OOOh forgot about Guitar Village nice one..

thanks
  • Coda is a great shop.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118

I probably want to try out may be buy 335's or similar and get a general feel for whats what. I could also be tempted by a PRS semi hollow, or JA-15 but not seen many of those around and would have to be exceptionally impressed as ES are my current GAS.

So the choices are 

Coda never been

Peach never been

Or if I am missing a trick round the SE without going into London then throw that in the mix

thanks for any tips
    Hello! If you do want a trip to the seaside, I'll make sure your trip is worthwhile. We've got 25-30 335s in stock at the moment and I can arrange for a quiet demo space and a dedicated salesperson for you. Drop me a PM if you fancy it!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited December 2014
    On a guitar front....I also was looking for a 335 but was looking at Hollowbody PRS when I couldn't see what I was looking for in Gibson quality. The PRS HBII wasn't close to a 335 - very tame pickups but the JA-15 was superb and a true contender if you can find one.

In the end I turned up with '59 Block Reissue and a 339 which is a totally diffo animal....great guitars both but you do need to play a whole bunch before you find the 'one'.....or the 'two'.....lawdie,..... how many more???? 

I'd add a vote for Anderton's.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • Well 
    Thanks for the suggestions spent time playing all the 335/345 in all of the above shops from the satin finished through reissues etc.

As a first time customer at Guitar Village have to say it was a pleasure and I walked away with a very nice ES345 64 reissue.

A great day out and think I have finally scratched my semi itch :-)

Will post pics tomorrow as not done a NGD on here :-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    MarkGAK;453663" said:
    Jez6345789 said:

So the choices are 

Coda never been

Peach never been

thanks for any tips

Hello! If you do want a trip to the seaside, I'll make sure your trip is worthwhile. We've got 25-30 335s in stock at the moment and I can arrange for a quiet demo space and a dedicated salesperson for you. Drop me a PM if you fancy it!
    No pressure then.