~ SLOW ~

Take a few minutes, have a read of this short article (there is much more on his site BTW), and tell me what you think...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    So true ...i think most guitarists get caught up in the technique side of things but by playing things to fast you dont get the chance to internalise things properly ...

I started about 6 months ago with really slow practice and i feel as though my technique is getting better for it...also you really start to lok at things more and see the scale arp or whatever you are playing in .....i think if the speed thing needs practiced practice it as technique only....yeah i agree with it all on that blog...definitely the way to go
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    In my experience, this is one of the most constant pieces of advice given out by good players of all backgrounds and IMO taking that on board is an essential part of becoming a good musician. The only thing I would add that using a metronome can greater enhance the benefit.
  • My teacher tells me the exact same thing, slow practice makes for better technique, speed comes with time. Its also one of the hardest things to do as you naturally want to do things faster by default to increase productivity in whatever you do. Just like typing on a keyboard, you learn where the letters are then as time goes on you just notice you speed up and make less mistakes as your fingers seem to go to the keys automatically.

I really should listen to him...........took me 20 mins to type this
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 745
    matt1973 said:
    In my experience, this is one of the most constant pieces of advice given out by good players of all backgrounds.
    :) :)
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."