ripping DVds to PC

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
edited December 2014 in Studio & Recording

when I place a CD in windows media it rips the contents to WMP for playback..I can place the original CD back in the sleeve and play WMP till my heart's content, great!

I got some guitar instructions vids for xmas......can I not do the same ripping thing with DVDs in WMP so that I can access them any time from WMP?

merry xmas BTW :)

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited December 2014
    DVD RIp and Handbrake apps according to Eric Jr.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I found that a lot of DVD's can be copied by going Computer>View Files on drive with DVD in it and then dragging and dropping them onto my desktop.  The folders look like this:  Audio_TS and Video_TS  Once there I right click Video_TS and select "Play With VLC Media Player"  You might have a different choice of player but this works for me. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

I don't get all that....^

anyone with anything that is numpty proof?

tae be or not tae be
  • hootsmon said:

I don't get all that....^

anyone with anything that is numpty proof?

Hey, it's not rocket science!  Put the DVD in your computer.  Click the "Start" menu(lower left corner of your screen), select "Computer".  You will see probably Drive C or D shows that it has a  DVD in it.  Right click that one and choose to view contents.  When you see the two files mentioned in my other post, drag and drop them to your desktop( I like to create a new file to put them in)  Once there right click on "Video_TS" and choose "Play With (Whatever Player You Have)Media Player.  This is way easier than using expensive, complicated video editor programs, trust me.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    when I right click in left hand pane it does not give me a "view contents" W7
    tae be or not tae be