World Guitars has some NOS old stock on sale from other shop

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22793

They seem like very good deals for such obviously well-made guitars, but they don't particularly tempt me.

I agree about the designs not being quite "right" - the PRS connections are there to be seen but the more unique details like hardware and the shapes of the headstocks and neck heel are a little odd.

Strangely enough the tremolo-equipped models appeal to me more than the hardtails, although I generally hate tremolos. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    I think all of knaggs guitars where designed to look different and damn the consequences. Of the two I've tried they played no better or sounded no better than any other well set up mid range guitar, I don't wish to own one
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Whitecat said:
    One thing is fairly certain - the guitars are outstandingly made - up there with the absolute best. The aesthetic certainly isn't always everyone's cup of tea but they are exceptional quality nonetheless.
    Welcome to the forum, Joe :-p
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    Lew said:
    Whitecat said:
    One thing is fairly certain - the guitars are outstandingly made - up there with the absolute best. The aesthetic certainly isn't always everyone's cup of tea but they are exceptional quality nonetheless.
    Welcome to the forum, Joe :-p
    Haha. :D
    edited January 2015
    I see Sound Affects has reduced the ex-Toneworld stuff they had to now to close-to-WG pricing... 

Although they still have a couple almost "current" models at standard pricing.

A clearout of the old models is probably a good thing. The latest model year has some interesting improvements - BWB purfling as standard, the 'double-purf' option (some of you guys are going to hate that with a raging passion :p) , the switch on the Kenai moved has been moved to the upper bout, there is now a Bigbsy option on Kenais and Chenas, more colour & pickup options, coil taps seem to be more common now, there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Hopefully these dealers will stick with Knaggs and get a few newer ones in... if they were promoted a little better in this country I think the uptake would improve and thus hopefully resale for us suckers who've bought in as well... :D
  • Whitecat;468636" said:
    I see Sound Affects has reduced the ex-Toneworld stuff they had to now to close-to-WG pricing... 

http://www.soundaffectspremier.com/guitars-c93/knaggs-m74

Although they still have a couple almost "current" models at standard pricing.

A clearout of the old models is probably a good thing. The latest model year has some interesting improvements - BWB purfling as standard, the 'double-purf' option (some of you guys are going to hate that with a raging passion :p) , the switch on the Kenai moved has been moved to the upper bout, there is now a Bigbsy option on Kenais and Chenas, more colour & pickup options, coil taps seem to be more common now, there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Hopefully these dealers will stick with Knaggs and get a few newer ones in... if they were promoted a little better in this country I think the uptake would improve and thus hopefully resale for us suckers who've bought in as well... :D
    The fact you're talking about resale value puts doubts in my mind as to how stupendously good they really are.

I don't know, I always think if I tried a guitar out in a store that was a lot of money and it really blew me away, it'd be a keeper.
    edited January 2015
    I'm keeping all mine. "Resale" just seems to come up all the time on forums, it's always a talking point. Referring to myself as a 'sucker' was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22793
    edited January 2015
    Whitecat said:
    I'm keeping all mine. "Resale" just seems to come up all the time on forums, it's always a talking point. Referring to myself as a 'sucker' was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. ;)

All of them?  How many have you got?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kenai, Severn, Keya
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Knaggs guitars look good, at least those on their website do. Are they built to Tom Anderson standards?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

I think so, obviously! I'd certainly put them up there. TA maybe has more customisation options having been in the business longer though and that would be good for some. Someone said earlier they think Collings are built a little better even, I'm not sure about that, but I won't argue against it. I'd say Nik Huber would give Joe a run for his money for sure, those are arguably yet another notch up the peg, but of course we're splitting hairs at the top of the boutique builder pecking order really. I guess all I can say is give 'em a try if you can... you might hate 'em but you might love 'em. The latter is more dangerous IMO. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    From the Knaggs I've seen (which are also heavily discounted in a big Berlin store) aren't quite on the same level as Huber's stuff.