Any good Zoom G3 patches?

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
Ridiculous, but I'm under using my Zoom G3. I do like the unit very much, and no plans to sell, but at the moment it only gets used for reverb and occasionally a bit of chorus and/or delay at gigs. If anyone has a good Robben Ford/Larry Carlton ish kind of smooth overdrive patch, that would be cool (I hesitate to use the word "Dumble" :D ) but you get the drift. But really any cool patches you have and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be grateful - just after a bit of inspiration really, cheers! :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is quite a good resource:

You can load them into the patch editor and upload them into the G3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    This is quite a good resource:

You can load them into the patch editor and upload them into the G3.
    Cheers! I recently changed laptops, and haven't even got the G3 software loaded on the new one yet - need to get that sorted.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4532
    A great resource @vasselmeyer thank you for that link.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    This isn't helping me resist the urge to buy one guys!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    d8m said:
    This isn't helping me resist the urge to buy one guys!
    There were a few up for grabs in the forum classifieds @d8m - go on, treat yourself!  >:)
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    @Megii

Just trying to weigh up whether I could jump to a G3 only rig :)

Afraid I can't really answer that one for you @d8m - it works for me, but I'm not really a heavy user of effects, and I like the simplicity. But I can imagine there is also a lot to be said for having dedicated, and well chosen, individual stomp boxes. Only way to really know is to use one for a while and see.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No one on the forum got any patches they want to share? Was just interested to know what kind of settings/sounds people on here like to use. :)
  • People complain about the live workflow,but for me it's perfect. It goes in the loop so I only use it for mods and delays and occasionally a little volume lift. I use it as a set of three stompboxes so I don't care about patch switching in a song. For example, I set up a patch that might be:
    blank>blank>blank>phaser>chorus>delay which is my main patch and I kick in one of the three effects when I need it.

I also have one that I use for a few older stones numbers that is: blank>blank>blank>blank>tape delay>EQ
    The EQ is a lift in all bands of about 3 units that gives me no EQ change by a volume lift for when I play a single coil guitar tuned to open G. My other guitars are louder as they have humbuckers or P90s so I make the single coil guitar a little louder.

If I need to change a patch I just do it between songs. I can't see any point where I would need more then three effects at once in the loop in the kind of music I play.

• Hi... [PATCH] ZOOM G3 JOHN PETRUCCI tone MESA BOOGIE distortion Amp Simulation on G3x, G5 [DREAM THEATER] USB recording.

ZOOM G3 G3X Patches: https://goo.gl/5ceqbl
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Zoom G3 STEVE VAI DISTORTION guitar tone USB Recording.
    ZOOM G3 G3X Patches: https://goo.gl/5ceqbl
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for these @brucesantos - I'd forgotten about this thread, and my G3 now sits on a pedal board with other effects - it's now mainly used for modulations, delays and reverbs, plus occasional wah stuff. Still very much in use though, and I do like these patches you've posted, I'm sure I can use these ideas. :)
  • That Steve Vai tone above is scarily close for an inexpensive processor like the G3.
    I've had great fun with mine recording for the Solo of the Month competition but not tried it through an amp.
    Great little piece of kit.
  • Hi @Megii ... others patches in Youtube Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrxXQYEp-_ujw_nWvP8W2Y5n8BNy71Qxi
    I hope you enjoy. 
    =) 
    That Steve Vai tone above is scarily close for an inexpensive processor like the G3.
    I've had great fun with mine recording for the Solo of the Month competition but not tried it through an amp.
    Great little piece of kit.
    Pretty great through an amp as well @ElectroDan - that's actually all I've used mine for, but it handles that situation very nicely. And fine with other pedals (buffer, compressor, overdrive and distortion on my board) in front of it too. I've sometimes thought I should get another as a spare, because I'd really miss it if it broke - hopefully that won't happen though.
    Hi @Megii ... others patches in Youtube Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrxXQYEp-_ujw_nWvP8W2Y5n8BNy71Qxi
    I hope you enjoy.  =) 
    Thanks, I'll have a look. :)
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZOOM G3 STEVE LUKATHER distortion BOGNER Amp Simulation G1on, G5 [USB].

• Great sounding patches, @brucesantos, many thanks.  I love that Steve Vai one.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It really is a cracking little unit. They even support midi over USB so if you used something like the Kenton USB-to-midi box (or an Arduino) you could program your patches and go directly into the PA using a midi footswitch.