cheap 12 string jag

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

i stumbled onto these on ebay...after searching for jazzmaster with bound neck.

anyone have one of these? i'm quite interested...dont have 12 string...and would be cool to mod the shit out of it for that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390909352503?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Strat style trem on a 12 string !
    That seems like a bad move surely ?
    Would you not need a fistful of springs in the back to counteract the tension ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72338
    edited January 2015
    DrBob said:
    Strat style trem on a 12 string !
    That seems like a bad move surely ?
    Would you not need a fistful of springs in the back to counteract the tension ?
    The Strat was designed to take up to about 13s with all five springs fitted - that was considered a normal electric guitar gauge in the 50s. A set of 12-string 9s has about the same total tension, 12-string 8s maybe even lower.

If it's genuinely a "Jag" - with a 24" scale, which it may be if the 22-fret neck is the standard Jaguar fitting - rather than a 25.5", the string tension will be even lower too. Although it looks more like an 'overhang' neck, so who knows…

It could be an interesting blend of all three classic offsets, anyway!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I say string it double Nashville tuning and scare the s**t out of people
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been eyeing up these for a while now. I'm quite the fan of 12 string electrics and one with a tremolo is very tempting. And at that price.......
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • More here. The 12 string looks the most interesting one to me. Go on, get it!
    8->
    Link to my trading feedback