So I eventually got new monitors...

Had them a couple of weeks now. I really really like them. They kinda shit all over my old Tannoy Reveals from a great height. I mean... the Tannoy's were good, and I knew them really well because I'd been using them since I was 17. I'm now 30. Yikes!

Anyway, my poweramp died, so I took it as an opportunity to get some new ones. Couldn't spend the earth because of budget constraints. So I got the Focal Alpha 65's.

They're very nice. Crisp in the high-end without being fatiguing, and the low end is very strong and tight. Defined. I can play bass guitar through them and feel the notes and dial in my tone much more accurately.

I can also mix at a quiet level with these, whereas the Tannoy's always felt like they needed to be cranked. So even though the Focals put out more low-end, at quieter volumes, they're still incredibly transparent and usable. I don't get any sense of cloudiness from them.

£470 or something like that for the pair. I highly recommend them if you're looking to get some monitors, but don't want to pay the earth.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments