For Zoom G3 & G5 users.......

dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
edited January 2015 in FX
I haven't seen this posted here before, I found this link on YT. I hope it's helpful.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Bugger, link doesn't work. Sorry chaps you'll have to paste it into your' browser unless someone can correct it for me !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Www. at the beginning would work :)

http://www.ashbass.com/AshBassGuitar/Zoom/
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Fixed the link in the OP :)
    <space for hire>
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Bloody hell that looks good !!!

I am utterly incapable of all of that but luckily i know a couple of people who can do it and they can expect to get their ear bent in the near future and some beer tokens thrust in their pocket for this.

Thank you for posting this @dilbert

All that midi bollocks can do one now !

:)
  • Alnico said:

Actually, I'd put money on it being MIDI, just with a different socket - notice the USB plug in it? All the Zoom units (including the MS70CDR) can be controlled by MIDI-over-USB. Doing this sort of thing is actually relatively simple, believe it or not.
    <space for hire>
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited January 2015
    Alnico said:

Actually, I'd put money on it being MIDI, just with a different socket - notice the USB plug in it? All the Zoom units (including the MS70CDR) can be controlled by MIDI-over-USB. Doing this sort of thing is actually relatively simple, believe it or not.
    Which highlights my complete lack of knowledge on the magical world of electronics. I thought he was just tapping into the existing switch contacts. I had read what @Drew_fx posted about a MIDI host and while i understand how that's working, i thought this looked much easier and a bit cheaper.

I have also thought of dragging bringing my wife along to any gig with my laptop and giving her detailed instructions as to what patches to change and when.............................It might end up being a bit Spinal Tap though...................

"A8...........................Darling!!!!, A8........................NOW !!!"

LOL :)
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Alnico said:

No, all those mods are just using the push-button switch contacts as @Alnico said, just with footswitches.

The USB plug will be in for the audio recording ;)
  • Guess I just lost that notional cash, then :P

On the other hand...they could get much better functionality using MIDI-over-USB, and it wouldn't be terribly expensive if using an Arduino or similar to power it.
    <space for hire>
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Yeah, I've looked into putting something together a few times, then I remember I've not played in 6 months or gigged for about 5 years, so there's not much point ;)